To support our rapid growth, we are hiring a Manager of Product Management. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), this is a dual role and will grow and manage a small team of Product Managers as well as develop the product strategy and execution as an individual contributor on one of our core Product teams.
You will get the opportunity to use your leadership skills to hire, develop and coach a team of 5 product managers. You will leverage your collaborative skills, B2C FinTech experience, technical depth and problem-solving abilities to identify, prioritize and define product strategies and initiatives that enrich the investor experience and efficiently administer the online fundraising process. You will also serve as a collaborative member of the Product and Development leadership team, have frequent interactions with CrowdStreet executives and engage with both internal and external customers.
- Grow and lead a team of 5+ Product Managers
- Provide career development, goal setting, and coaching to direct reports
- Collaborate with the CTO to define the overall Product vision and roadmap and provide leadership and direction on execution of vision
- Continuously improve the Product Management processes and best practices and train team members on new initiatives
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to grow the business and expand strategic partnerships
- Engage with investors to discover customer needs, validate upcoming designs and gain direct customer feedback
- Collaborate with Designers, Engineers and cross-functional team members to test and validate new features to confirm that requirements are viable, desirable and feasible
- Prioritize features and enhancements and make trade-off decisions based on company vision and business objectives
- Communicate plans, progress, goals and challenges to internal and external stakeholders
- Model a collaborative and constructive culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 7+ years of product management experience identifying customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing roadmaps, defining requirements and releasing successful software solutions
- 1+ years of experience managing or leading product management teams in some capacity
- Experience being accountable to the P&L of a product line and managing the trade-offs necessary to balance strategic and tactical pressures to both meet short-term financial objectives while guiding long-term strategic growth
- Customer-centric mindset, charisma, and empathy necessary to listen actively to a customer’s product needs, ask clarifying questions and fully understand use cases
- Experience conducting research studies using varying methodologies to assess customer needs, identify strategic differentiators and determine product development priorities
- Excellent collaborative skills working with a cross-functional team to ideate options to solve complex business problems and create designs that delight users
- Ability to multi-task deliverables and manage expectations across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, complete assigned tasks on-time and consistently meet high-quality standards
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of product requests, defects, tech debt, and strategic initiatives ideally using Jira or a similar tool
- Hands-on experience in SaaS software development, Agile SDLC and web technologies
- Experience managing online B2C fintech or two sided marketplace products and solutions, ideally for a company focused on brokerage services (e.g. eTrade or Charles Schwab), consumer banking, investment management (e.g. Personal Capital or Betterment), payment processing or marketplaces (e.g. Airbnb or Ebay)
- Experience managing other product managers
- BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.