The role of the CrowdStreet Community/Social Media Manager is to build, engage and nurture online communities that will enhance and grow our online marketplace. We’re looking for an an expert in community building, both online and offline. Ideally, you have experience in using social media to grow, engage and strengthen communities in ways that make sense for the nuances of each channel. Besides the popular mass market social channels, you know how to leverage community forums, such as Quora and Reddit. In this position, you will own all elements of how CrowdStreet should expand and engage these communities, creating the strategy, and executing against it to drive results. This role provides the opportunity to expand your career in social media and community management in a fast-growing company working alongside a high-performing marketing organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan and implement strategies to strengthen and grow our communities using all available channels and programs including social media, meetups, events, and online events such as webinars and livestreams.
- Construct and execute customer engagement social campaigns
- Manage tracking and performance metrics for all social media channels and community engagement efforts
- Explore and implement new strategies for customer acquisition through non-paid social media campaigns
- Work closely with investor relations, capital markets and product teams to ideate community features, content and support initiatives both online and offline
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and manage events, both physical and digital, to engage and activate our communities
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams around content and press opportunities leveraging advocates from our communities
- Build relationships with key customers and be the conduit to marketing opportunities which would benefit from customer quotes, case studies or endorsements.
- Establish community giving-back initiatives and programs across the country
- Ideate new programs to expand, strengthen and engage our various communities coordinating across the company
What We Must Have
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role for a B2C organization
- 2 years experience managing social media channels and programs
- Relevant experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant community building KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Ability to interpret impact of programs using web analytics tools
- Knowledge of online marketing in a broad sense
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that make us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible. Are you ready to join our team?