Title: Senior Frontend Developer (Remote, Portland OR)
Reports to: Web team lead
The Dyrt is the number 1 ranked camping app on both iOS and Android. With more than 1 million user-submitted campgrounds, reviews, and tips — more than anyone else on the Internet — The Dyrt makes it easier to find campgrounds for the 80+ million people who camp across the United States.
As a senior engineer at The Dyrt, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ campers using our website every month. We are currently in the process of expanding our campground booking system by building inventory management tools for campground owners and integrating with third-party campground listing providers. Our portfolio of campgrounds is set to increase significantly from this work, so this position is a good opportunity for engineers who want to grow their skills in site performance and scalability.
Our current frontend is built with Next.js and Ember. Work varies from building highly interactive tools, like our search page and Trip Planner, to focusing on static rendering and page performance on our campground listings. In this position we will be looking to you for experience, knowledge, and the confidence to make the case for what each situation merits in order to provide an ideal experience for our users.
You’ll be working on a team with 5-6 other frontend developers and collaborating closely with our API, Mobile, and Design teams.
- Leading execution on new features and improvement projects
- Helping define the longer-term technical vision for scaling and maintaining our frontend codebase
- Translating comps and wireframes from our Design team into site architecture and components
- Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks when new projects are brought to the team
- Responding to support requests and troubleshooting live bugs
Skills & Qualifications
We’re looking for engineers who:
- Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests and are enthusiastic about mentoring junior developers on the team
- Can identify site performance concerns and look for opportunities to reduce technical debt
- Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
- Can weigh multiple solutions for a problem against business needs and time constraints in order to meet company goals
- Are committed to equity and will respect and value your coworkers' opinions no matter their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Some nice to have skills:
- TypeScript experience
- React Native experience
- Familiarity with Stripe
Type of employment
This is a full-time, remote position. We’re primarily based in Portland, OR and expect your working hours to overlap +/- 3 hours with US Pacific time. You may need to be present online for a couple of hours later than usual during a big feature rollout, but generally late nights and weekend work are unnecessary.