Frontend Developer (Remote, Portland OR)
Reports to: Web team lead
The Dyrt is the number 1 ranked camping app on both iOS and Android. With more than 1 million user-submitted campgrounds, reviews, and tips — more than anyone else on the Internet — The Dyrt makes it easier to find campgrounds for the 80+ million people who camp across the United States.
Our development team is growing to meet demand for improved product features from our customers. As a frontend developer at The Dyrt, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ campers using our website every month. Some days you might work independently on new features or pages for the website, and other times you will collaborate with junior and senior team members to split up tasks for larger sprints of work.
Our current frontend is built with Next.js and Ember. Work varies from building highly interactive tools, like our search page and Trip Planner, to focusing on static rendering and page performance on our campground listings. In this position we will be looking to you for clear communication on your day-to-day needs and progress, friendly cooperation with other team members and departments, and a solutions-oriented approach when faced with challenges.
You’ll be working on a team with 5-6 other frontend developers and collaborating closely with our API, Mobile, and Design teams.
- Building out product features and improvements
- Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks with team members for product sprints
- Responding to support requests and fixing bugs
- A/B testing new features and layouts for the website
Skills & Qualifications
We’re looking for engineers who:
- Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests
- Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
- Are committed to equity and will respect and value your coworkers' opinions no matter their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Some nice to have skills:
- TypeScript experience
- React Native experience
- Familiarity with Stripe
Type of employment
This is a full-time, remote position. We’re primarily based in Portland, OR and expect your working hours to overlap +/- 3 hours with US Pacific time. You may need to be present online for a couple of hours later than usual during a big feature rollout, but generally late nights and weekend work are unnecessary.