Energy Warehouse (EW) Program Director / Manager at ESS
Wilsonville, OR, US
The Energy Warehouse (EW) Program Director (or Manager) will be responsible for defining and owning the execution of product strategy. This person will work closely with the entire senior leadership team (SLT) to integrate all near and long term technical and product development initiatives into a cohesive product strategy and go-to-market plan for sustainable growth. This position will be responsible for coordinating all relevant parts of the organization including engineering, quality, supply chain, operations, sales, and finance to ensure a seamless production, delivery, installation, and support of our EW product. The position reports directly to the CEO with a focus on transitioning the company from being an organization that develops technology into one that executes on delivering compelling product solutions for well-defined market segments in order to achieve revenue growth and margin objectives for the Company.
Requirements & Qualifications:
What ESS Offers
- Driven to obtain top results for the organization. Focus people on actions that result in meeting business goals.
- Able to quickly integrate complex information for either problem solving or defining new product solutions. Effectively probe for information critical to the decision at hand.
- Develop product strategies that will yield desired business results.
- Ensure that strategies are operationalized with the involvement of the SLT.
- Actively support customer engagement and sales cycles with the Sales team.
- Deliver persistent concentration on quality and results with a customer-satisfaction driven approach.
- Strategic and robust planning for opportunities and threats.
- Ensure accountabilities and expectations are clear.
- Develop follow up processes to ensure quality implementation.
- Develop deep knowledge of issues, and perspective key decisions with the executive team.
- Plan and lead execution of product and solution launches.
- Operate detailed program management to avoid mis-steps or mis-alignment with business plans.
- Be responsible for full product line P&L, executing revenue/margin targets, approved by CEO.
- Own migrating product roadmap within approved timelines using approved strategies (e.g. sales channel development, manufacturing plans, EPC support, after sales support).
- Inspiring and motivating: Gets the best performance from the team. Taps into people’s needs, interests and goals to motivate them to achieve. Inspires commitment from people to the organization and its goals. Mobilize people toward high performance and goal achievement.
- Influencing: Has the ability to influence people at all levels and in all parts of the organization. Very persuasive; able to sell ideas inside and outside the organization with supporting data to back up claims. Gains support and cooperation from others. Exhibits both diplomacy and toughness during negotiations.
- Build trust: Contribute to a culture that fosters trust. Inspires confidence and loyalty from others. Demonstrates the highest integrity. Is consistently fair and respectful with people, regardless of the situation. Base decisions on ethics and principles, as well as business needs.
- Collaboration: Works to create “win-win” solutions. Resolves conflicts in a constructive manner. Works for the good of the total organization, not just a portion of it. Develops networks and alliances across the organization.
- Encourage open communication: Encourages a dialogue of issues. Listens attentively. Allows and even encourages people to push back when they disagree. Communicates knowledge in a timely and open manner.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Has insight into the motives and needs of others. Displays interpersonal sensitivity. Demonstrates perceptiveness in dealing with others.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Intermediate to advanced shop math. Knowledge of English/Metric system measurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong strategic thinker with at least 10 years of proven product management level experience leading the full range of product development activities with a highly technical company and industry.
- Known for the ability to develop strategy and will have a successful track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
What ESS Offers
- In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual.