We are a company that cares deeply about the environment and about our employees. We treat our customers kindly and help apparel businesses to be more sustainable. We are like a family here and are looking for someone who can commit to a full time schedule. We would like someone who is interested in steady, long term work, a consistent schedule and has reliable transportation to work. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
"Finishing" Role Description:
We are looking for someone who can review that each garment is perfect for our customers by being very careful and detail oriented. We call this a "Finishing Role" because they put the final finishing touches on each piece.
Typical duties include:
- Preparing garments for the customer by de-pilling, removing lint, and cleaning up loose threads
- Review of sewn on labels
- Review of repairs
- Entering garment information into computer inventory system
Additional duties include:
- Loading and unloading laundry into our big waterless washing machine as well as our standard washing machine and dryer
- Checking each garment for stains and cleanliness, removing stains
Level: At least two years working experience
Rate: $16 an hour
Job Location: Cascade Locks, Oregon
Position Type: Full Time
Full Time Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays
Education & Experience Qualifications
- At least two years of working experience
- Working knowledge and experience of apparel and sewing is a benefit
- Ability to follow all pre-established installation and quality methods, procedures and guidelines to ensure consistency of work
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Hand dexterity is required
- Attention to detail is a must
- Basic computer skills required
- Demonstrate good attendance and punctuality
- Able to work in a repetitive job with continuous focus
- Complete job duties within given time constraints
- Cross-train and support other departments throughout the company
- Pursue continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Clean and maintain work area
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures as set forth by The Renewal Workshop
You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Must have close visual acuity to notice errors and/or defects.
- Must be able to carry/lift; ability to carry boxes or other facility equipment up to 15lbs in weight.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume