About Owl Insights:
Owl Insights is transforming the delivery of behavioral and mental health care in the U.S. Our SaaS platform allows clinicians to monitor how their patients are doing, using our library of clinically validated, evidence-based assessments, so they can ensure they’re receiving the care they need as they progress through their mental healthcare journey.
Looking to make an impact on patient outcomes? Join Owl Insights - a dynamic and rapidly growing digital health company committed to transforming behavioral health through measurement-based care (MBC). Co-founded by a psychologist at the University of Washington, Owl Insights quickly established itself as a leader in data-driven care in the behavioral health sector. The “Owl” platform contains a digital library of ~200 evidence-based and idiographic patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) as well as an array of computerized adaptive tests (CAT) based on Item Response Theory (IRT). Seeking an advanced undergraduate or graduate student in psychology or a related field with expertise and interest in the use of psychological tests and measures to improve healthcare treatment.
About this Role:
- Research and conduct preliminary quality assessment of psychological measures
- Conduct research on measures (survey literature and gather citations) with direction from clinical manager
- Verify existing measures documentation meets quality standards
- Validate digital measure in the Owl against original version of measure
- Assist in conducting research related to permission status and licensing of measures
- Draft measure specifications for electronic administration and reporting
- Construct measures and write up measure descriptions for the Owl library (e.g.,categorization of the measure, determining target respondents, summary of psychometrics)
- Assist with fulfilling customer requests and clinical and product QA efforts
- Test measure functionality as experienced by the clinician and patient, and report issues related to expected behavior vs. actual behavior
- BA or BS or advanced undergraduate or graduate student of clinical or quantitative psychology, or closely-related field (e.g., psychiatry)
- Familiarity with and access to various databases (e.g., PsychINFO, PubMed) to conduct research and literature reviews
- Basic domain knowledge of measurement and evidence-based assessment
- Familiar with measurement-based care digital landscape
- Ability to manage working on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Process oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- PhD in or graduate student of clinical or quantitative psychology or closely-related field (e.g., psychiatry)
- Experience with the use of PROM data to generate meaningful metrics and predictive analytics
- Experience in evidence-based screening and routine outcome monitoring in a healthcare setting
- Part-time, ideally 10-20+ hrs per week; flexible hours, performed remotely
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Meaningful work that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Be part of a small, focused team that enjoys working together to develop and deliver creative and technical solutions while bringing value to our customers
- Salary, equity and benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 100% work remotely, but no regular travel required (West Coast based preferred, but not required)
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This is a part-time, remote position.
Owl Insights is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.