We're making healthy happen faster! Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient, high-quality, delightful asynchronous virtual care, improving provider efficiency by as much as 90%. Much more than “telehealth,” we build products that bridge the communication gap between patients and providers, automating the remote care delivery process for clinicians at major health systems. This unique approach means that we enable a 10x reduction in cost and provider time, markedly better clinical outcomes, and major improvements in both patient and provider satisfaction.
Bright.md is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a motivated and talented Sr. Accountant to join our team. You will be very hands-on running the day-to-day financial operations including helping to design and implement best practice processes that will allow the company to scale. The Sr. Accountant role reports to the Manager of Finance & Accounting and is responsible for many aspects of finance-related activities including ensuring the proper application of US GAAP to business transactions and the financial close process. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success.
You'll be working with a great team, with a product that's truly making a difference. We'll provide a compassionate, innovative, happy place to work, and support you in your efforts to grow your career.
This position is full-time and located in Portland, OR, or Remote (US only).
- Own the general ledger and data underlying the financial statements (Quickbooks)
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes.
- Assist with the order-to-cash process by ensuring all customers are invoiced in a timely manner, cash collections are appropriately applied, revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP, and deferred revenue and A/R are reconciled
- Perform and manage the accounts payable function and ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor bills in Airbase.
- Review employee expense reports (including corporate credit cards) for compliance with our travel and expense policy and manage the expense reporting system (Expensify)
- Reconcile all bank statements monthly and ensure all bank activity is timely and accurately recorded
- Identify and track fixed assets and manage the fixed asset sub-ledger and depreciation
- Assess and track accruals and prepaid expenses as necessary
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of processes to ensure excellent internal controls
- Assist with the audit process
- Assist with ad-hoc financial information requests from Executive Management and other departments
- 3-4 years of experience with a proven track record of increased responsibilities and scope
- BS Accounting or related degree
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP with experience in consolidation and financial statement preparation
- Enthusiasm to take on responsibilities and partner with stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings
- Experience in Data Analytics with the skills to present financial data to all levels of the organization
- Desire to exceed expectations and have a flexible, can-do attitude.
- “Roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Quickbooks and Expensify a plus
- SaaS start-up experience with a SaaS software company
- CPA either completed or in process
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you think you’re a good fit for this role, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in Bright.md!
At Bright.md, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, unlimited PTO, 401k, paid holidays, parental leave, and equity compensation.
A bright idea can come from anyone. The more diversity we have in our team, the more unique perspectives and bright ideas we share. At Bright.md we are guided by the value of excellence. In healthcare, excellence means everyone deserves the best care, regardless of their race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran state, or criminal history. We embrace employees and candidates from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality.