We're making healthy happen faster! Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient, high-quality, delightful asynchronous virtual care, improving provider efficiency by as much as 90%, increasing care quality by 2x, and delighting patients and providers with a new experience of care.
Much more than “telehealth,” we build products that bridge the communication gap between patients and providers, automating the remote care delivery process for clinicians at major health systems. This unique approach means that we enable a 10x reduction in cost and provider time, markedly better clinical outcomes, and major improvements in both patient and provider satisfaction.
We are seeking a Product Designer with demonstrable experience working on both B2B and B2C web applications to join our product team. We offer independence, accountability, and mission-focused colleagues who care about making an impact.
This position will report to the VP of Product and is full-time, located at our HQ in Portland, OR, or remote (US only).
Our design team works across all departments at Bright.md, creating holistic, human-centered experiences that deliver high-quality care, privately and securely, anytime, anywhere using a mobile device. You will understand and represent the voice of the patients, providers, and other end-users to our entire company.
- Own end-to-end design of high-impact projects and the creation of design artifacts throughout the product process. This may include: collaborating with sales and marketing to communicate design vision via annotated mockups or clickable prototypes; conducting user research to surface high-impact insights, quickly; running experiments to iterate and validate design solutions; and working hand-in-hand with engineers to spec and build out pixel-level screens
- Often juggle multiple projects: some of which will involve very broadly defined, loose concepts; and some of which will require narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Make human-centered design recommendations informed by data and user research
- Work with your product team and functional leads to inform the product roadmap and ensure planned work aligns with user needs and product/company strategy
- Be a primary contributor to our product design principles and cultivate consistent application of these principles during product development
- Work closely with other design collaborators to build out the Bright.md Design System
- Be a pace-setter for the design team, elevating your fellow designers' work with thoughtful critique, both online and in-person, and in groups and one-on-one
- Have the opportunity to excel at what you do best and sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop
Skills and Experience
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of clarity, insight, and user action
- Have experience designing for business (B2B) and consumer-focused (B2C) products
- Are very comfortable facilitating design discussions amidst ambiguity or conflicting perspectives
- Are skilled in cross-functional, verbal and written communication--explaining your work, processes, and recommendations to other teams, collaborating with internal , and external stakeholders
- Delight in drawing up quick sketches and prototypes to validate ideas
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to. You thrive on managing projects to completion
- Your taste and eye for visual design is as strong as your ability to concept customer experiences
- Demonstrate mature systems thinking and are able to extrapolate/extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Are able to achieve desired outcomes that find the perfect balance between benefiting product goals, brand principles, and promoting design standards
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our customers, our end-users, and your colleagues
- Proactively seek critical feedback to help you produce your best work
- Have 5+ years of product design experience with deep knowledge of web standards for maintaining compatibility and using future-forward technologies.
- We also believe that proven skills are more important than years of experience. If you’ve got strong skills, but have taken a different path, we’d love to hear from you.
Nice to Haves:
- Recent work in service design
- Proficiency in Web ADA Compliance and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Proficiency in mobile-first, web-based experiences
- Demonstrated success in designing and optimizing high-use features over time
- Background in user research and conducting experiments or tests to better understand a problem: e.g., setting up customer interviews, doing usability testing, or conducting a survey with minimal guidance
At Bright.md, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, unlimited PTO, 401k, paid holidays, parental leave, and equity compensation.
A bright idea can come from anyone. The more diversity we have in our team, the more unique perspectives and bright ideas we share. At Bright.md we are driven by the value of excellence. In healthcare, excellence means everyone deserves the best care, regardless of their race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or criminal history. We embrace employees and candidates from these underrepresented groups to help make this vision a reality.