If you are passionate about creating scalable, highly reliable software systems and work well in a fast paced atmosphere, this might be a great role for you! Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out the videos on our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you’ll be doing:
As an SDET at Bigleaf, you will be building automation and validation tools to accelerate our development + release process. You’ll work directly with our development and product teams to build validation tools, identify product issues prior to release, accelerate our release process through better tooling, assess product performance, etc.
This is an engineering and development position, not a manual QA position. We are looking for someone who can think creatively to build automation to validate + debug complicated network behaviors.
- Identify gaps in our quality process. Build, deploy and own automation/tools to close those gaps and improve the overall robustness of our products.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to identify + debug problems before they impact our customers in the field.
- Build, deploy and own automation to quantify product performance, e.g., network load-testing, performance comparisons of new hardware platforms, etc.
- Integrate regression tools into our release process, to build confidence in every release + shorten the time to delivery.
- Act as a champion and mentor for solid quality process and automation.
- Encourage automation and minimize manual QA work to focus on efforts that bring long-term value to the system. Advise the team on best-practices around quality automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building validation tools, automating QA processes, etc. In particular, experience with validating a broad range of components + technologies: UI, web services, physical appliances, etc.
- Experience using test frameworks and harnesses (e.g., Robot, Selenium, JMeter, RSpec, etc.) to build larger, customized validation suites
- Familiarity with common build + devops workflows (e..g, Jira), in order to integrate automated regression testing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.