CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment. At this time, we are currently working remotely.
About the Role
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring an Investments Manager reporting to the Director of Investments to increase CrowdStreet marketplace velocity, and streamline the marketplace deal screening process, specializing in multi-housing. This employee will be an integral member of the Investments Team and have exposure to nearly every facet of the CrowdStreet Investments process. This is a client-facing, interdisciplinary role that bridges commercial real estate analysis, structured finance, operations, capital markets, business development and project management.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage and track CrowdStreet Marketplace deal flow. Drive viable offerings to approval and decline offerings that do not meet CrowdStreet marketplace criteria. Demonstrate the deal level acumen to know which offerings should be fast-tracked for approval, which offerings exhibit potential but require deeper analysis and which offerings should be declined.
- Review and dissect models, challenge business plan assumptions and formulate the key questions.
- Partner with the Director of Investments and Investments team to screen and present marketplace offerings. Then work with the Capital Markets team to close Marketplace offerings that pass the screening process.
- Collaborate with and mentor Real Estate Analysts in the preparation of Investment Memorandums for deal approval.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team throughout the production phase of the offering, assisting in the creation and QA’ing of content for the offering detail page.
- Oversee and manage the sponsor and deal due diligences processes. Work closely with the Director of Investments to evolve, implement and refine sponsor screening and deal screening procedures.
- Collaborate with the CrowdStreet Customer Success Manager and Asset Performance team to ensure high quality sponsor and investor experiences through the life cycle of offerings. This includes addressing any issues that arise post-funding.
- Utilize industry relationships to assist the Capital Markets and Marketing teams in identifying and developing sponsor lead and deal flow.
- Analyze CrowdStreet investments team and Marketplace processes and provide pertinent feedback to the Product team on developing future product enhancements.
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in real estate private equity, commercial real estate or investment management
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels across the company as well as external sponsors and investors.
- Prior experience in any of the following roles is desired: Real Estate Analyst, Acquisitions Officer, Investment Manager, Business Development
What is Nice to Have
- Experience with Argus DCF, Costar, PPR, REIS, RCA or any other commercial real estate software also desired
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet
- A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
This position can be located in Austin TX, Portland OR or Remote in continental US.
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.