The Data Integrations Engineer is a new position on our Data Team, created to enable seamless integration between systems leveraged in the data warehouse stack and the core application platform. You will be an integral part of maturing our data warehouse stack, and work with the data team’s engineers, analysts and scientists to deliver a 360 degree view across our application and services. Your integrations will be pivotal for bringing deep insights and rich visualizations to both our Customers and our internal users and analysts.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing a framework that allows the data warehouse stack to integrate with the CrowdStreet platform, primarily through a REST interface. You’ll work between the core application and data warehouse repositories to help build a system that allows for continuous integration of new data team elements into product features, in cadence with the application release cycle. While you’ll spend a lot of time in the code, you’ll also have time to be a utility player on the data team, grow familiar with the data warehouse and its sources, and come up with ideas to improve as we accelerate the delivery of critical data to our stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of experience working on software development teams
- 5 years experience creating integrations to stateless services, different persistence layers and data workflows.
- 4+ Years Cloud Service Providers, AWS a plus
- Experience as a technical team leader
- SQL, ETL, Data Warehouses and Data Lakes - Snowflake a plus
- Experience with Java and REST APIs
- Strong background in Java, Python or other OOP language
- Strong comprehension of event buses & activity streams, other time-series data
- Experience with agile development, JIRA, git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Python is nice but not required.
- Experience with integrating click stream and user behavior tracking data into digital applications.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
This position can be located in Austin TX, Portland OR or Remote in continental US.
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.