About the Job:
The Associate DevOps Engineer works on a robust suite of web and mobile applications to improve the robustness of Opal’s DevOps compliance footprint, tools, and infrastructure, and helps Engineering maintain the sky-high level of trust our organization has built with customers across the globe.
Key themes this role will focus on are cloud and datacenter architectures, CI/CD automation, incident response, remediation, training, access control, hardening, and secure development.
Success in this role would mean an eagerness to learn new technologies and grow quickly. We have a wide variety of technologies at Opal across air-gapped data-centers and cloud platforms. Experience in automation and scripting would be a strength in this role, and the most successful candidates have a solid base understanding of web-application architectures and networking fundamentals.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Assist in alert and triage of cloud and on-premise hosted systems.
- Help maintain and build a stack of technologies including: Terraform, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins, Argo CI/CD and Workflows.
- Administer and maintain credentials for a variety of infrastructure and services.
- Maintain, protect, and administer data storage systems including security, encryption, and GDPR compliance.
- Discover and plan remediation for application vulnerabilities in the ruby/rails platform.
- Build tools, systems, and processes that allow your fellow engineers to ship world-class software as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Support and maintain CI/CD pipelines (Blue/Green experience is a plus)
- Working closely with QA, Platform, Operations, and Experience/UI teams to automate remediation of customer issues and improve performance and releases in workflows.
- Support best practices with a flexibility mindset for a variety of technologies.
- Taking part in product brainstorms to help think up the next big thing and bring a strong security stance along the way.
- Lend a helping hand, or ear whenever necessary.
- Be a leader in documenting, educating, and de-siloing of information and process.
- Be a champion of supporting customer needs and finding short-term ways to fill those needs.
- Have an eagerness to learn! We have many different tech stacks at Opal.
- Be willing to make mistakes and get back at it! We all make them. Let’s learn and improve together!
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- ~1-3 years of experience in a DevOps, Network Operations Center, IT, or Support role
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Strong ability to gather and present data to support ideas, projects, and opinions.
- A strong understanding of modern web application architectures.
- Experience with networking and DNS fundamentals.
- An understanding of infrastructure as code and technologies behind it (Some experience preferred).
- Ability to rapidly learn the principles and procedures of production web application tooling and practices to support application delivery and services.
- Some involvement in projects, gaining consensus and buy-in cross functionally.
Education:Undergraduate degree or the equivalent related working experience is required.
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.