Hey! Bill from Customer.io here - I head the Professional Services team. I’m looking for a Professional Services Engineer to join the team. Do you find satisfaction in helping other engineers and less-technical professionals plan and implement solid platform integrations right, the first time? If so, read on.
As a Professional Services Engineer at Customer.io, you will be responsible for providing hands-on migration and pre-integration consulting services to new Premium customers. You’ll work with others on the Professional Services team to document requirements, decisions, and blockers for customers integrating with Customer.io. The engagements include straightforward migrations between marketing platforms to more technical work like creating middleware to connect e-commerce platforms to Customer.io. You'll be the third full-time Professional Services hire supporting this relatively new offering at Customer.io. It's basically a startup inside a thriving SaaS business.
Some things you'll do
- 15% assisting our team of Account Executives with technical pre-sales calls and asynchronous pre-sales support (replying to their DMs on Slack)
- 75% supporting new Premium customers with reliable (often custom) development that solves problems ranging from missing native integration support to configuring in-campaign webhooks in Customer.io
- 10% internal tooling in support of Professional Services as well as documentation to help customers better understand the potential of Customer.io
- You're a creative problem solver who likes to work on a variety of projects and is able to re-prioritize work when needed
- You have in depth software knowledge and have ideally worked at a SaaS company either as a staff or professional services engineer
- You can present your ideas and solutions coherently in written and verbal formats
- You have experience working with sales teams to solve problems for customers about to buy a product, and ultimately implement your solution
What we're looking for
- Expertise with AWS or Google Cloud Platform and stories about creative solutions you've implemented in either
- Demonstrated expertise in Go, Rails, Python, or Node.js
- Consistent and reliable team player who cares about the success of each customer they work with
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical customers
- Eagerness to speak directly to customers when needed
- Experience in Martech SaaS is a plus
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,400 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $97,000 - $115,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST on April 26th and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by April 29th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
30 minute video call with our Recruiting Manager
45 minute video call with Bill
30-minute Technical Interview with Bill and April-May, a Backend Engineer
45-minute interview with James (Professional Services) and Rachel (Customer Success)
One week to complete a take home assignment
Assignment Review with Bill and April-May
Final Interview with Natalie, our VP of Customers