About the Role - Communities Moderator
To facilitate our continued rapid growth with a focus on customer experience, we have identified a critical new role that will manage the communication in our investor forums. This role will report to the Director of Customer Operations.
One aspect of the CrowdStreet customer experience is the opportunity to be part of an investor community. Once an investor completes an investment in one of the marketplace offerings they are able to access an investor only forum enabling the ability to share knowledge and learn from other investors.
The role of the Communities Moderator is to facilitate discussions taking place in the forums, promote interaction, maintain orderly conduct between investors and sponsors as needed, and ensure content is relevant for the forum or point investors to the right area if direction is needed.
To achieve this goal, the Communities Moderator will be responsible for developing a communication strategy for the forums via partnership with internal CrowdStreet teams, reviewing and directing forum content, and escalating issues that arise that may require sponsor or leadership direction. Additionally, this role will be responsible for reviewing CrowdStreet feedback provided in the form of reviews and respond or escalate as needed to alleviate customer concerns.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building the strategy for our investor Forums that is focused on engagement and customer delight with metrics around customer satisfaction and repeat investments
- Reviewing forum content and interacting with investors or providing direction
- Escalating forum content and coordinating response with internal teams as needed
- Reviewing customer feedback in the form of reviews and responding as needed
- Escalating reviews that may need further intervention from the larger CrowdStreet team
- Propose and track metrics related to the investor forums
What We Must Have
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing role working directly with a highly discriminating community. Ideally including financial services and in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing a customer community and building a strategy for interacting with customers in a forum setting
- Experience compiling and analyzing data that would be used for decision making purposes by the Marketplace Operations leadership team. This would include monthly metrics reporting and trend analysis in order to decide future Forum planning.
- Experience in a metrics/goal driven environment
- Demonstrated examples of communicating and collaborating effectively across an organization
- Understanding of investment services and a working knowledge of the associated regulatory and compliance requirements is strongly desired
- Experience with HubSpot or other ticketing systems
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) investing through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, 2020 Winner of Oregon Technology Awards in the new “Accelerate” category, Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that make us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible. Are you ready to join our team?