IOTAS provides industry-leading smart device packages, home automation software, and property management tools to multi-family properties across the U.S. Our hardworking and growing team thrives in the dynamic IoT industry by emphasizing creativity, teamwork, and integrity.
As a Data Engineer at IOTAS you will be responsible for data analysis and database administration. The role will be a mix of owning the database structure in addition to handling reporting and dashboard needs. A successful candidate should have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and be passionate about IoT and all things smart home.
- You love to learn, develop new skills, and are a creative problem solver
- You enjoy learning the intricacies of complicated systems and strive to be a subject matter expert
- Passion for diving into data and pulling out insights
- Willing to collaborate across teams
- You are able to succeed in a fast moving startup environment
- Develop both internal and external facing data reports
- Administer Postgres database
- Administer BigQuery database
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, Finance, Engineering and Operations teams to build reports that help drive decisions in each respective area
- Approach everything with a security and privacy first mindset
- Should be able to design solid data schemas, optimize queries and monitor database performance
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to provision and monitor database access control for employees
- Ability to generate ongoing analytics and usage reports
- Experience with Amazon’s Relational Database Service (RDS) is a plus
- Experience with Google’s BigQuery and Data Studio is a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- IOTAS is an equal opportunity employer and we highly value diversity.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Full-time Position
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid time off