Thanks for considering Edify! Edify is the frictionless way to onboard software engineers. Our software allows managers to create customized onboarding plans in record time. Edify's big vision is to be the operating system for high-performing engineering teams - all while helping those teams become more equitable and inclusive. If you believe in a future where all software engineers, from junior to senior, feel included on their teams and supported to be their best, we want you at Edify!
Edify is thrilled to be a part of Techstars Seattle 2021 class! We recently closed our $2M seed round led by Flying Fish Partners. We are also a completely remote company, so you can live and work anywhere you want (as long as you are qualified to work in the United States.)
If you'd like to learn more about what we build at Edify, take a look here!
About the Role
In this role, you will be on the ground floor of helping us build an amazing end-to-end customer experience at Edify. You will be an internal advocate for our users, working across several customer-focused areas of the business: supporting current customers, engaging with the developer community, and contributing educational content for our blog.
We are a very small team, so you will work closely and collaboratively with all leaders and functions to have an impact at all stages of the customer journey. The scope of this role is currently broad, but as Edify grows, you will have an awesome opportunity to carve out a speciality for yourself based on your strengths and the company's needs.
During this transformative stage of company growth, you will
- Represent Edify online through written content and engagement on developer-centered forums and blogs to support new engineers and engineering managers, teaching and inspiring them to apply engineering onboarding and knowledge flow best practices
- Onboard new Edify customers and support them through any issues they may experience, working closely with Product and Engineering to resolve support problems
- Contribute to customer acquisition efforts through supporting lead generation activities
- Launch, nurture, and manage Edify's online junior developer community to support early-stage engineers in their careers
- Produce regular pieces for the Edify blog, along with guest posts for marketing partners
- Manage, solicit, and analyze feedback from Edify's customer advisory board and technical voice group
You might be the right fit for this role if you...
...are energized by the opportunity to have your hands in a number of customer-facing activities
...have experience in a customer-facing role (support, success, sales), but want more variation in your day-to-day work (we promise no two days will be the same!)
...want the opportunity to shape customer strategy of a growing company from the get-go
...get excited about supporting engineers and engineering managers
...know how to cope with and work through the VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, chaos, and ambiguity) of being part of an early-stage start-up
...respect yourself and your teammates by setting and upholding boundaries to sustain yourself and your wellness
- You may have been a technical support engineer, a program manager, or in customer success in the past and are able to port your skills to this new role OR you have a history of working with and communicating with engineers
- Experience in or comfort with writing, potentially for non-engineering audiences
- Familiarity with engineering teams, technical content, or technical program management
- You're a confident speaker and are comfortable reaching out and talking to new people, online and in-person (digitally for now!)
- You might have experience managing or supporting an online community
- You have 2-5 years of experience in this field or a related field
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on experience
- Benefits include:
- Stipend for healthcare
- Stipend for home internet since you'll be working from home (we're a fully remote company!)
- Edify is committed to growing an equitable, inclusive company, so we make sure that:
- You're able to take the leave you need to. We have an untracked PTO policy, and most people take a day off a month plus 4 weeks/year or so. We acknowledge major holidays, your birthday, and more - plus we close for the last week of the year!
- We respect your mental and physical health and only ask that you give us a heads up about what you need.
- We want you to be engaged in your community, so we encourage space and time for volunteering, user groups, and more!
- Our team building activities will be welcoming, compassionate, and inclusive
- No one apologizes for family - kids, parents, pets - anyone! Edify welcomes kiddos on video calls, we understand care needs, and we want you to feel safe and able to work the way you need to work.
- We want to learn from you, so we welcome constructive critique!
- We want you to grow with us, so we will work with you to do our best to match your career goals to Edify's trajectory.
- Your voice should be heard, so we'll always make space for you, from setting OKR's to contributing to our marketing plan.
Thank you for considering this role with Edify! We're honored that you believe in our vision and that you want to pursue this process with us. We look forward to talking with you!
Be sure to learn about what it means to Work with Edify before applying.
Please complete your application here.
*Currently we can only accept applicants who are authorized to work in the US.