Senior Data Engineer at Auth0
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
The Data engineer will help build, scale and maintain the entire data science platform. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding, hands-on experience in distributed computing, big data, ETL, dimensional modelling, columnar databases and data visualization. The candidate should feed on challenges and love to be hands on with recent technologies.
This job plays a key role in elevating the data science function at Auth0 by building reliable pipelines and infrastructure to help the team improve modeling efficiency. You should be passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source Data technologies and software paradigms.
- Contributing at a senior-level to data science pipelines by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows.
- Performing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data lake and downstream data science marts.
- Establishing efficient design and programming patterns that beat SLAs and help easily manage the data platform.
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis.
- Adopting best practices in our data systems and shared across teams.
- Working in a team environment, interacting with multiple groups on a daily basis (very strong communication skills). This role will report into the data science team, but will have data engineer peers within the rest of the data organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- + BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant data engineering work experience, at least 5 years in industry.
- Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries.
- Exceptional Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Data Science as a discipline.
- Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), architecting efficient software designs for DW platform.
- Hands-on experience in Python and Apache Spark in production environments.
- Strong skills in Apache Airflow, Luigi or similar tools.
- Experience handling log or event streaming data sources.
- Experience in Tableau, Apache SuperSet, Looker or similar BI tools.
- Experience with of AWS Redshift, Snowflake or similar cloud-hosted databases.
- #AR; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.