Quality Control Specialist
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, clean technology start-up located in Wilsonville, Oregon. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy storage system that combines an environmentally safe and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. We are recognized as an emerging leader in the long-duration energy grid scale storage markets.
We are a multi-disciplinary team boasting decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. As we commercialize our global product platform, we are looking for additional expertise in electrical and power engineering for grid-tied and microgrid storage applications. This is an opportunity to make your mark on the edge of the next generation electrical grid architecture.
If you are motivated, hard-working, have a passion for sustainability and the environment, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting we would like to hear from you.
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for the effective implementation and efficient administration of the ESS Quality Management System to include. In this position you will join a team working to implement and effective quality system. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Administration of the Change Control Board, Configuration Management and ECO databases to ensure an effective change order process.
- Implement and maintain all aspects of the ESS Document Control Process including revision control, document release and training.
- Manage the tool calibration database and supply network to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to staff to ensure adherence to company quality standards.
- Develop training material and deliver training on importance of an effective Quality Management System.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years’ experience within a Quality role in an ISO9001 or equivalent Quality System.
- 2 years’ experience working with a CAD document vault software platform.
- 2 years’ experience in a technology development environment.
- An organized, analytical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Legally authorized to work in the USA - U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.
ESS offers a competitive benefits package including company assisted Health insurance, Medical, Dental and Vision; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Pay dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policies and procedures in place
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
- Based on the job description as written, please state desired salary for this role.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- quality control: 5 years (Preferred)
- ERP: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location