We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on making advanced data modeling accessible to all of our customers. If you get excited about pulling apart product workflows and designing them to be closer to people's mental models, we should talk.
At Customer.io, our design team is working hard to build a product that nudges companies toward more empathetic automated communication with their customers. You'll join a team of 4 other designers in a remote and distributed company of ~80 team members across 17 countries.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll:
- Develop an understanding and compassion for customers through research.
- Work with product managers and engineers to prioritize projects, advocating for UX that empowers our customers.
- Create mocks for new features and collaborate with engineers on prototypes.
- Influence the design team's quality of work through mentorship and thoughtful feedback.
- Shape our design system by contributing to ongoing iterations that improve consistency and flexibility.
- Act on opportunities for improvement in the design team's processes and culture
What we're looking for:
- You are located in the Americas (North, Central, or South).
- You have experience designing complex product workflows, ideally B2B, from ideation to high fidelity mocks.
- You have an understanding of how design brings value to business outcomes.
- You have a growth mindset and a willingness to improve by learning from mistakes.
- You thrive with autonomy and ownership.
- You know how to communicate asynchronously, especially across time zones.
- You add to our team culture - you bring a different education, background, previous career, location, or personality etc.
- Bonus: You have experience designing a product focused on customer relationship management (CRM) or a customer data platform (CDP).
- Bonus: You have an understanding of customer data models commonly used by SaaS companies.
If you don't meet all of these criteria, please apply anyway. We are looking for the right person, not the perfect person.
What's it like to work on our design team?
While your daily work will be as part of a cross-functional squad, the design team will be your home for support and growth. We meet 2x a week to give feedback on in-progress work and communicate daily about new things we learn, improvements to our design system, etc. Since we are still small and nimble, there is a lot of opportunity to add to our culture and processes.