If you have a strong understanding of networking operations and are passionate about leading a team, this might be a great role for you! Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out the videos on our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Network Operations Manager to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you'll be doing:
As Manager of Network Operations, your primary responsibility will be to lead a team responsible for the management and operations of Bigleaf's global network. This is both a hands-on technical and management role that is expected to identify and resolve any network problem that could lead to customer impact as quickly as possible. You'll also be a solid network SME with strong troubleshooting skills, participating in both technical and management escalation on-call rotations.
- Manage and operate our global IP network to deliver outstanding reliability and performance for our customers
- Provide technical leadership for the Network Operations team and 2nd/3rd line support for all network-related issues
- Analyze, coordinate, and resolve all operational team tasks in a timely manner including resolution of customer issues, incident management, repair and maintenance, and preventive maintenance
- Participate, implement, and improve processes around incident and change management
- Collaborate and work very closely with Technical Support, Network Engineering, and Software Engineering teams to meet customer needs and drive healthy growth across all areas of the business
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years of recent people management experience or relevant leadership experience, preferably with an Internet Service Provider or Telecoms company
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals, including BGP and OSPF
- Experience with designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale, public-facing, distributed systems
- Proficiency with Linux and familiarity with tools such as Git, Ansible, Puppet, and Grafana
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.