If you are passionate about creating scalable, highly reliable software systems and work well in a fast paced atmosphere, this might be a great role for you! Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out the videos on our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you’ll be doing:
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Bigleaf you’ll be working with our network operations, support, and development teams to resolve customer issues, build and maintain internal and public-facing infrastructure (hardware and software), and to identify and resolve system issues in a dynamic fast paced environment. We are looking for someone that believes that operations is a software problem and seeks to define prescriptive ways for measuring availability, uptime, outages, toil, etc.
- Provide the first line of internal support for the Bigleaf server, OS, and software infrastructure, including triage of software, networking, resource, and security issues
- Build, maintain, and deploy infrastructure for software and hardware systems
- Maintain and extend the Bigleaf development environment including Linux tools, Bamboo, Puppet, Terraform, AWS, Azure and other cloud providers
- Share ownership with developers by using the same tools and techniques across the stack
- Have a formula for balancing accidents and failures against new releases
- Encourage automation and minimize manual systems work to focus on efforts that bring long-term value to the system
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale, public-facing, distributed systems.
- Deep understanding of the Unix/Linux operating systems, including kernel networking packet flow
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, including tunneling (e.g. VPNs)
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.