CrowdStreet has established itself as a leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment. Our primary customer is the accredited investor who joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to help individual investors to diversify their investment portfolios and build wealth through real estate.
As a result of and to support our continued rapid growth, we are hiring a candidate to serve as President, CrowdStreet Capital LLC and Chief Compliance Officer. This role will engage in activities to help position the company for long term strategic growth and success. CrowdStreet Capital LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CrowdStreet, Inc.
This role includes the following activities:
- Recruiting qualified registered representative personnel
- Development of strategic compensation plan, strategy for senior management, registered representatives, and highly qualified recruits to the company.
- Provide strategic input on decision making issues affecting the company.
- Manage the operations and business activities of the organization in accordance with the direction established by the strategic plans; and
- Solicit advice and guidance, when appropriate, from the Board of Directors.
General Supervision Program
The President, CrowdStreet Capital LLC and Chief Compliance Officer will address the general compliance and supervisory infrastructure of CrowdStreet Capital, LLC including general policies and procedures, training programs, monitoring and surveillance programs and supervision routines, and create, update, and restate the procedures and policies, as necessary. This will include, but not limited to:
- Identify key business objectives and milestones, ensuring appropriate supervisory controls, policies and procedures are in place/implemented
- Implement surveillance and monitoring protocols
- Document relevant operational process and workflows
- Formulate periodic schedules for key deliverables focused on execution
- Assign supervisory tasks and responsibilities to principals
- Provide compliance training for management and execution staff
- Content reviews of advertising and sales material
- Electronic Communication Reviews
- Overseeing, in coordination with counsel, response to examinations, inquiries and investigations by governmental and self-regulatory organizations, customer complaints, and litigations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- Series 24 - General Securities Principal Certification
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in regulated entities such as leading broker-dealer, investment advisor, and compliance programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels across the company as well as external partners.
- Proven experience in developing new, compliant investment products
- Experience in commercial real estate
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred
- Prior experience in any of the following roles is desired: Real Estate Analyst, Acquisitions Officer, Investment Manager, Business Development
CrowdStreet Value Competencies
- Challenging Convention - We question norms. We take risks. We reward innovation.
- Empowering People - Everyone has a voice. We seek new challenges and encourage all perspectives to gain more insights and create better outcomes.
- Meaningful Impact - We are motivated, purposeful and sensitive to our lasting influence on our customers, our communities and each other.
- Unwavering Quality - We don’t cut corners. Our relentless focus on quality means we strive to deliver the best results at all times.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
This position can be located in Austin TX, Portland OR or Remote in continental US.
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.