If you’re a skilled software developer who is passionate about leading a team, this might be a great role for you! Welcome to Bigleaf – We keep businesses connected to the cloud. Wonder how that works? Check out the videos on our homepage: https://www.bigleaf.net/how-it-works/
Bigleaf is growing quickly and we have big plans. We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our team. We’re a well-funded fast-growing startup, so your day-to-day tasks will vary quite a bit and morph over time, but here’s an overview:
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for managing the engineering team and ensuring the successful delivery of new features by helping them overcome blockers that arise as part of the execution. As a people manager, you’ll also help each of your engineers to grow to their next level by conducting weekly 1:1s and assigning strategic challenging tasks.
- You will implement and improve processes around DevOps, Agile, and CI/CD
- Provide technical leadership, guiding conversations around best practices and technology choices
- Mentor a thriving and innovative team with healthy and scalable structures
- Lead teams in balancing technical excellence and exploration against business efficiency and focus
- Collaborate with the different Bigleaf divisions to ensure alignment between various company/department objectives and the tasks and focus of the software engineering organization
- You will be building data and orchestration platforms that span multiple services/products
- 3+ years of recent experience as a team manager or leader with previous experience as a software developer/engineer/architect
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment culture
- Strong experience in lean agile methodologies
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience with multiple programming languages, algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with Linux and a strong understanding of the Linux networking subsystem
- Excellent team-player able to collaborate and communicate well
- Self-starter approach to identifying and accomplishing goals
- Decision making skills that are based on data
- Ability to travel occasionally (a few times per year)
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.