Marketplace Services Quality Manager
The heartbeat of our business is our dual-sided Marketplace where we bring together individual, accredited investors with carefully selected CRE investment offerings. We have a loyal following of customers (the investors) that is rapidly growing with the strength of our Marketplace and our rapidly growing customer base and we deliver high-quality investment opportunities through carefully selected Sponsors. Quality, consistency, and process improvement are essential ingredients in the success of this dual-sided operation.
To take the next step in our Customer Experience journey, we have created a new role to lead our Customer Experience and Insights program. This is a high-level, individual contributor role reporting directly to our VP of Customer Experience.
The Marketplace Services Quality Manager will be overseeing the quality measures, process improvements, quality analytics, and reporting for the Marketplace. They will own the identification of training, development, and changes required to meet our goals and drive continuous improvement. This role will report directly to the VP of Customer Experience and Marketplace Services.
About the Organization
Marketplace Services includes Marketplace Operations and Customer Operations and as a member of the leadership team, the Quality Manager will be working across both organizations.
Once a deal is vetted and approved - the Marketplace Operations team manages the relationship with the Sponsor, launches the offering on our Marketplace, and oversees the fundraising process. This team is responsible for the consistency, accuracy, and quality of the information shared with CrowdStreet's customers, and they are responsible for the process design and controls that ensure a rigorous fundraising process.
The mirror side of this team is our Customer Operations organization. This team is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - including facilitating live Webinar events, supporting customers through the investment process, answering their questions, and servicing their needs through their lifetime relationship with CrowdStreet. Interfacing with thousands of customers and reviewing hundreds of documents - processes, metrics, and quality - is paramount for this team.
This is a newly created role for CrowdStreet and you will be helping to chart the course including defining our Marketplace Services Quality strategy, process, and playbook, implementing the day-to-day practice, evangelizing quality for the organization, and working with the leadership team to augment processes, controls, and training needed to continuously improve.
- Review the current processes across Marketplace and Customer Operations - partnering with the leaders to identify priorities for process redesign and improvement.
- Develop and maintain the Quality Playbook for Marketplace Services and ensure training for every employee
- Establish and help maintain the Quality metrics, goals, dashboards, and reporting.
- Partner across the organization on the tools and capabilities needed to track and develop our Quality processes and systems.
- Work internally, leveraging external resources, to develop and deliver the training and coaching required to support employee strength in quality standards.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 6+ years in related disciplines such as Customer Experience, Quality, Process Design, Employee Communication, or Training Program development.
- 3-5 years experience in roles that included responsibility for data analytics and reporting including building interactive dashboards using BI tools.
- Experience using HubSpot or similar CRM tools including structuring and managing Dashboards and Reporting.
- Tableau proficiency or similar dashboard and reporting tools, including experience accessing and leveraging a data warehouse and rendering dynamic reports that illustrate behaviors, trends and predictions.
- Experience in creating metrics-driven programs ‘from the ground up.’
- Experience designing process improvement and employee communication/training to support continuous improvement.
- Financial Services and/or Commercial Real Estate experience desired, but not required.
CrowdStreet Value Competencies
- Challenging Convention - We question norms. We take risks. We reward innovation.
- Empowering People - Everyone has a voice. We seek new challenges and encourage all perspectives to gain more insights and create better outcomes.
- Meaningful Impact - We are motivated, purposeful and sensitive to our lasting influence on our customers, our communities and each other.
- Unwavering Quality - We don’t cut corners. Our relentless focus on quality means we strive to deliver the best results at all times.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet
- A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.