Director of Portfolio Investments
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Director of Portfolio Investments reporting to the Chief Investment Officer to oversee the CrowdStreet portfolio. This employee will be a leader on the Investments Team and play a critical role in the next chapter of evolution of the CrowdStreet investor experience. This is a client-facing, interdisciplinary role that bridges commercial real estate portfolio management, real estate analysis, operations and structured finance.
- Oversee the CrowdStreet portfolio in its entirety.
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of performance of portfolio investments.
- Manager, coach and grow a team of Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Analysts. Oversee quarterly analysis and reporting of portfolio performance.
- Serve as CrowdStreet’s portfolio expert and thought leader - periodically participate in CrowdStreet and industry conference panels as well as produce thought leadership content.
- Collaborate with CrowdStreet’s Investments Heads and the Chief Investment Officer to deliver key insights from the portfolio to refine CrowdStreet’s investment criteria and enable the team to make better informed investment decisions.
- Educate the Capital Markets and Investments teams as to which sponsors have delivered positive investor experiences. Highlight sponsor best practices.
- Partner with the Investment Heads and Chief Investment Officer to determine the evolving criteria for eligible deal flow for the CrowdStreet Marketplace.
- Institute and oversee your team’s investor reporting framework.
- Build relationships with CrowdStreet sponsors across the U.S.
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of CrowdStreet sponsor requirements. Leverage your relationships to remedy instances of non-compliance.
- Develop, maintain and evolve a sponsor ranking framework. Monitor and report out on the key criteria that highlight sponsor best practices and discern performance. Partner with the Marketing team to publish and update the framework.
- Oversee the publication of case studies for select realized offerings.
- Periodically host webinars to report to investors regarding the state of the CrowdStreet portfolio.
- For non-performing assets, serve as a key decision maker and negotiator with sponsors regarding the strategy and execution of plans to remedy performance as well as communicate the key steps to investors. Monitor and hold sponsors accountable for the execution of such plans.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in real estate private equity, commercial real estate or investment management.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of commercial real estate assets.
- Two or more years of experience is managing members of a portfolio management team.
- Operational acumen. Experience in orchestrating and managing teams steeped in process.
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels across the company as well as external partners.
- The ability to interface with C Suite executives of commercial real estate firms, develop relationships and drive outcomes.
- Experience in working with real estate partnership agreements, private placement memorandums and private security offerings.
- Experience with Argus DCF, Costar, PPR, REIS, RCA or any other commercial real estate software applications is highly desired.
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred.
- Prior experience in any of the following roles is desired: Real Estate Analyst, Real Estate Asset Manager, Director of Operations.
- A blend of asset management and operations experience experience is ideal.
- Extensive industry relationships that will bring immediate value and credibility to the role.
CrowdStreet Value Competencies
- Challenging Convention - We question norms. We take risks. We reward innovation.
- Empowering People - Everyone has a voice. We seek new challenges and encourage all perspectives to gain more insights and create better outcomes.
- Meaningful Impact - We are motivated, purposeful and sensitive to our lasting influence on our customers, our communities and each other.
- Unwavering Quality - We don’t cut corners. Our relentless focus on quality means we strive to deliver the best results at all times.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating
- Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet
- A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.