CrowdStreet is in growth mode and looking for an experienced Software Architect with a passion for building cloud-native, scalable, high performance and secure modern web applications. In this role you will report to the CTO and will own the design and architecture of our marketplace applications. You will guide the technical roadmap execution in conjunction with our CTO and other senior engineers. You will get ample opportunity to mentor and coach others on the engineering team. Your innovative spirit, combined with your experience working in rapidly growing and maturing organizations will inspire our teams to deliver great things as we scale as a business.
What you will do
- Guides the technical product roadmap for CrowdStreet’s marketplace platform
- Identifies and designs the appropriate software architecture to fulfill the business and product roadmaps and that address the needs for high performance, scalability, reliability and security
- Presents architectural designs and solutions to engineering team and upper management for approval
- Owns and maintains architecture blueprints and documentation
- Oversees implementation and delivery of approved architecture designs
- Defines software development standards and best practices that are consistent with enterprise architecture standards and goals
- Leading by influence, trains and mentors engineering teams on architecture best practices and technologies to ensure design patterns and architectural roadmaps are successfully and consistently implemented
- Recommends technology and process improvements to ensure we are continuously improving and meeting business objectives
- Researches new technologies that can solve future business and technology problems and provide enterprise IP value
- Work with Product Management and Key stakeholders to identify new innovative solutions and prioritize on technical product roadmap
What you must bring
- Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree desired. 10+ years of relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a technical degree
- 10+ years experience building cloud based SaaS applications
- 5+ years experience building high load, high availability, high performance and secure applications that have proven to scale as demand increased
- Experience with cloud enabled Microservices
- Strong knowledge of MVC frameworks, data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems and asynchronous services
- Deep experience in data modeling and database architecture
- Expert knowledge of cloud based ecosystems and in particular, with AWS
- Strong experience with pipeline process automation re: continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Solid understanding of networks and concepts with the ability to provide requirements to our cloud ops infrastructure team as well as provide troubleshooting assistance.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum SDLC processes. Experience with Jira desired
- Experience building products for the commercial real estate industry a big plus
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership, effectively building consensus and mentoring engineers
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Great project management and organizational skills
- Creative, curious, optimistic, lifelong learner
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.