Lumen’s company mission is to create unprecedented learning for all students. Each year we support 400,000 students and 5,000 faculty members in college courses. Lumen provides solutions that create effective learning experiences for students, and guide faculty members in the use of evidence-based teaching practices that improve student success.
The Position: Product Manager, Lumen Courseware
As a Lumen Product Manager, you will join a team dedicated to delivering best-in-class teaching, learning, and professional development experiences. Your primary responsibilities will be focused on Lumen’s Online Homework Manager (OHM) and STEM assessment courseware.
A day in the life of a Product Manager at Lumen includes:
- Use research, in conjunction with customer feedback to develop and defend the product vision.
- Innovate with speed and focus.
- Prioritize teaching and learning improvements and use the product roadmap to help identify trade-off decisions.
- Collaborate across teams and across business functions, especially with our Support Content, and Engineering teams.
- Understand customer challenges and identify where technology can make a difference.
Our company values define how we work with customers and with each other to create the successful long-term relationships that support Lumen’s success, and your personal success as a team member. Our values drive our responsibilities.
Commitment: We genuinely care.
- Caring about our customers means ruthlessly prioritizing the outcomes that matter most to the success of students, instructors and administrators. Through roadmapping activities and daily decision-making, you will help define the strategic vision of your product(s) in order to make meaningful improvements in the way people teach, learn and grow.
Creativity: We solve difficult problems.
- Being curious about customer problems helps you define opportunities. You aren’t afraid to ask a ton of questions. You get excited by understanding problems at their core.
Generosity: We help people be their best.
- You enjoy being part of a team. While you can work independently, you thrive when surrounded by others who push you to think differently and encourage you to learn new things. You willingly share your own experiences and insights in order to make the team better.
Openness: We share openly.
- Driven by the opportunity to make a difference, you know (and have experienced) how education can change lives. Disrupting inequality in higher education by bringing quality, affordable courseware to all students gets you excited to come to work every day.
The primary metrics for the position include:
- Define, prioritize, and help deliver courseware features and functionality which result in improved teaching, learning, and professional development outcomes.
- Manage timelines and deliverables with the ability to balance risk, business value, and quality while maintaining transparency in decision-making.
- Analyze and evaluate goals and metrics that lead to successful strategies. A strong willingness to learn, including the ability to fail fast and adjust accordingly.
- Build a strong partnership within all parts of the organization including our learning team, marketing, support, and sales. Reports to the VP of Product Management and participates in product team leadership.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 1-2 years product management experience or equivalent professional experience working with timelines, budgets, and project coordination.
- A demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills, including both interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for learning and a desire to deliver meaningful and measurable products to the higher education community.
- Desired but not required: experience with quantitative higher education courses/courseware.
- Premium medical, dental & vision coverage – with a fully paid premium for employees.
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with company match