Technical Support Engineer at Chronicled
Remote / United States of America
Chronicled has established the decentralized MediLedger Network, which connects the pharmaceutical industry and runs mission critical processes. You will be working on the software that connects to and runs the Network. You will be building a cutting-edge platform using the latest technological advancements at the intersection of blockchain, cryptography, distributed computing and network protocols.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers when implementing and operating our products and services. This is a dynamic role, where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot, resolve customer problems and interface with engineering on various product issues. You will be the advocate for the customer internally and will ensure that any urgent customer needs are addressed.
You should be an excellent communicator able to earn our customers’ trust. You should also be familiar with help desk processes and supporting software products. If you’re a natural helper, enjoy assisting people with technical issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you!
What you'll do:
What you'll do:
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including network configuration, cloud infrastructure, application installation and maintenance.
- Lead issues to resolution when working across multiple distributed customers transacting with each other.
- Coordinate amongst different stakeholders while ensuring that the issue gets resolved and all parties are satisfied.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track customer service requests through to resolution, while meeting the company’s service level agreements.
- Guide customers through a series of troubleshooting steps until they’ve solved a technical issueIdentify customer needs and help customers use specific product features
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Maintain our internal knowledge base with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
- Maintain regular communication with customers to provide periodic updates for the life of the service request.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal team members (e.g. engineering or QA)
- Gather customer feedback (e.g. feature requests and effective workarounds) and share with our Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Suggest improvements to the product based on common customer pain points or support pain points that you have observed.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a Customer/Technical Support Engineer or similar
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with clients, team members, and management
- Have strong empathy and a strong drive to make customers successful.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
- Adapt to changing priorities, deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates / timelines.
- A willingness to be humble and learn technical skills
- Experience with troubleshooting applications running on Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Working knowledge of networking and web technologies such as load balancers, firewalls, VPN and reverse proxies such as nginx.
- Experience working with and resolving issues with typical full stack applications that include SQL and noSQL databases, Web UIs, messaging architectures such as RabbitMQ, backend services and REST APIs.HTTP, HTTPS.
- Ability to use tools such as Zendesk and Jira
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a Technical Support position
- Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the life sciences industry
- Knowledge of blockchain technologies desired but not required.
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k
Equipment: Mac products and accessories
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco & Vancouver
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code with flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged!
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally.