Senior Software Engineer, Backend at Chronicled
Vancouver City, British Columbia, CA
At Chronicled, we value an inclusive and diverse environment where technical precision, passion, and curiosity pave the way for collaborative building. We are a customer-centric company that strives every day to build products that solve real business problems with solutions that delight the customer and add exponential value.
We are bringing to life a new paradigm of decentralized networks - such as the MediLedger Network - that promises to be the next big wave after centralized SaaS software. The next decade in enterprise software will be defined by our success and leadership.
The team at Chronicled is highly cohesive, driven, and lives by the company values. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas and energy to the culture and work with the rest of the team to build a world-class enterprise software company.
What you will do:
- Design and build clean, user friendly API that powers the MediLedger Network
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and performant enterprise-grade microservices that participate to the Chronicled
- Leverage cutting-edge p2p protocols that help industries to connect and transact
- Work closely with Product team and Architects to understand business needs and translate them into technical design
- Coach peer or more junior engineer to help them grow their engineering and professional skills
- Work closely with DevOps to deploy and ensure continuity of the service
What you will need:
- Fluent with REST API design and developmentExperience with distributed systems
- Solid understanding of messaging architectures and technologies, such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Significant experience building secure applicationsDemonstrated ability in implementing scalable, enterprise-grade software
- Strong knowledge of SQL, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Solr/ElasticSearch or Cassandra
- Mastering of Git, GitHub and Gitflow
- Experience with cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- At least 5 years in software engineering.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Based in the innovation hub of Silicon Valley, Chronicled is a technology company leveraging blockchain and IoT to power smart and secure supply chain solutions. Chronicled offers a Blockchain-based Smart Supply Chain Platform and secures IoT device identities, data, and event logs and automates IoT-dependent business logic using smart contracts. Chronicled is also a founding member of the Trusted IoT Alliance, with the mission of creating open source tools and standards to connect IoT and blockchain ecosystems to deliver business value. We're building cutting-edge solutions using latest technological achievements and proprietary advancements at intersection of Internet of Things and Blockchain, employing best open-source practices. We’re looking for talented engineers, who can come up with elegant software architectures and execute on them with high degree of craftsmanship. We value our culture and foster a non-political, inclusive environment where integrity, technical precision, passion, innovation, and curiosity pave the way for collaborative building. Above all, we believe in authenticity: authenticity of work, of ideas, of character, of data, of products.
At Chronicled we take pride in our Total Rewards Package which is available to all full time Chronicled Employees:
Competitive Rewards: Comprehensive and competitive employment and rewards packages for all employees
Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision. 401k, 529 College Saving Plan, Gym Membership, Commuter Benefits, Employee Perks Program
Equipment: Macbook pro and accessories standard issue.
Location: Centrally located and easily accessible offices in San Francisco
Flexibility: We believe flexibility comes in multiple forms. Freedom to express yourself with an open startup casual dress code, Flexible schedules. Best of all we have an unlimited vacation policy that allows you to get the rest and relaxation you need to refresh.
Welcoming Culture: We call ourselves a family for a reason. We foster a fun and creative atmosphere where anyone can openly contribute ideas, feel appreciated, and feel empowered to be who they are. Fun is also highly encouraged! Frequent offsite team building events and weekly happy hours.
Recognition: Respect and prominence due to work contributions, working on cutting edge technology. Our employees are celebrated and recognized for their contributions
Variety: Opportunities to experience different job tasks, responsibilities, and project opportunities
Workload: Challenging and fast paced work. There is never a dull moment in our Enterprise Blockchain Laboratory.
Work Importance: The typical Chronicled team member has a bias for action. We do. We build. We step outside of the scope. We believe we will change the world.
Control your own Destiny: Ability to influence others and control one’s own destiny.
Advancement: Opportunities to get ahead both personally and professionally.