The Business Development team is the first point of contact for our future customers, responsible for generating opportunities for our greater sales team.
Our Business Development Representative (BDR) Program prepares candidates for an exciting and rewarding career. You’ll be surrounded by smart, ambitious, and caring leaders and colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. You will get the best of both worlds - hands-on training, paired with the freedom to work independently. Opal will provide you with the building blocks to give you a competitive edge and advance your career.
Are you passionate about building great brands? Are you seeking a career that allows you to work with the world’s fastest growing companies? Opal is looking for high-energy, driven professionals with a strong work ethic, technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Business Development organization.
Opal is the marketing calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Identifies opportunities for Opal to build new relationships.
- Reaches out to key executives up to, and including, C-Level executives.
- Qualifies leads for Account Executives to build early-stage pipeline for Opal.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Opal platform.
- Collaborates with BDR team around best practices.
- Meeting and exceed monthly quotas.
- Positive, motivated and “doer” attitude with a competitive spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in the tech industry at a fast-paced and growing company
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Track record of success in achieving goals
- Embodies the Opal values
- Cold calling experience a plus
- CRM experience a plus
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.