As the Technical Support Specialist at Opal, you will serve as a product expert and offer a positive customer support experience with every interaction. You should have the ability to uncover root causes and transform challenges into opportunities while instilling confidence to delight our customers and colleagues alike. You possess strong technical knowledge and a knack for problem solving with an eagerness to learn new skills.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Be the product expert - We have a fast moving product and release new features every month. You’ll need to stay on your toes and be a primary resource both internally and externally for how the product works, with plenty of facetime with VPs, Product Managers, and Engineering Managers.
- Provide B2B technical support to some of the largest brands in the world - We have a very engaged and happy customer base who use Opal as the backbone of their workflow.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and filing of bugs - Perform root cause analysis to figure out what’s wrong, determine how to reproduce it, categorize priority, and get it fixed. Our support team is an integral part of the product org, so your voice matters.
- Work directly with product engineers to further isolate, understand, and resolve triaged bugs.
- You will primarily solve problems via email and live chat. There will be the occasional need to jump on a screen share or voice call with customers to investigate high-priority and/or highly impactful issues.
- Contribute to our customer knowledge base and internal technical documentation. We try to enable our customers through help center articles, learning modules, and feature announcements.
- Open to pursuing opportunities of personal growth to better the team and organization.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- 2+ years technical support experience in a product focused team troubleshooting complex technical issues via voice, live chat and/or email.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- You enjoy solving problems and view complicated issues as opportunities.
- Proven capability to communicate complexities into simple ones.
- A knack for the details with an “everything matters” approach.
- Comfort and agility using digital collaboration tools - you’re happy working in Slack, Intercom, JIRA, GitHub, and other internal collaboration tools.
- Commitment to proactive collaboration and accountability - you are prepared, informed, and ready to go.
- Accustomed to providing the best user experience above all else.
- Interest in leveraging non-required tools of the trade like SQL, Sumo Logic, Rails, JSON, and Superset (if you don’t know these already we will teach them to you!).
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent related working experience is required.
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.