As the IT Specialist, you’re responsible for helping our company be successful and efficient with our use of technology. You’ll be performing end user support & troubleshooting, maintenance & administration of SaaS platforms used by our various departments, hardware provisioning, and employee on & off-boarding. You’ll be tasked with occasional research projects and new system deployments, and may be involved in negotiating with vendor contact points on pricing, support, and system optimization.
This position is ideal for someone who’s comfortable working as a generalist at a small and growing company where you can flex your troubleshooting & support skills, influence how we select and deploy systems to support department needs, and develop specific areas of focus & expertise as you administer/optimize our systems. Our team has a strong focus on empathy and human connection, so we’re looking for IT humans that bring empathy and understanding to the role, in addition to their technical expertise.
If you have an interest in learning about IT Security, we welcome folks who want to take on responsibilities and grow their skillset in patching, hardening, and maintaining the security software that keeps our users safe.
- Be the point person for employee technical support needs including:
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- AV tech support for all-hands onsite meetings and offsite events.
- Computer purchasing and initial configuration
- Supporting new software requests
- Use a central computer administration system (Jamf) to configure, deploy software, and patch corporate machines
- Maintain and administer Jira and Confluence systems for company users
- Administer wifi and firewall devices installed at the corporate headquarters
- Support onboarding and offboarding in a WFH environment
- Lead new hire orientation sessions & communication of best practices among existing staff
- Create, update, and maintain technical documentation and runbooks regarding core IT functions
- Assist with regular audits to ensure infrastructure and access levels are appropriate to organizational goals
- In partnership with management, propose and outline upgrades and optimizations within the IT department
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve customer experience
- Provide support for security and privacy-focused audits and compliance related to IT system configuration
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- At least 2 years of IT support, systems administration, and/or IT help desk experience.
- Experience with macOS device support
- At least mid-level troubleshooting ability
- Experience administering cloud-based business systems
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Existing knowledge of Google for Business, Jira/Confluence administration, and/or Jamf administration
- Experience with light scripting in a computer management context
- Experience managing medium complexity projects and juggling competing priorities
- Experience interfacing with executives and leadership, including CEO
- Vendor management & negotiation experience
- Experience with automation services (Zapier, Microsoft Flow, IFTTT), light scripting in a generalized context, and/or API querying
- Previous experience with security and/or privacy audits/frameworks, including SOC 2, ISO 27001, GDPR, CCPA
- Interest in contributing towards Information Security initiatives
A formal degree is not required for this position; people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The following would all be considered strong backgrounds for the role:
- No post-secondary degree with 3-4 years job experience in IT-related roles with a track record of success
- Associates degree in a technical field and 2-3 years IT-related job experience
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field and 2 years job experience
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unprecedented levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.