Product Marketing at Opal helps generate customer and competitive insights that inform our product strategy and leads the go-to-market for our products through messaging, positioning, and storytelling that drive revenue and product usage. Product Marketing is a cross-functional role that works closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Marketer to develop the go-to-market strategy, messaging, and positioning for the Opal platform. Opal is used by marketers and communicators to foster alignment and collaboration.
We are looking for candidates who have a pragmatic mindset, who are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and who proactively look for data-driven insights.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Partner with Product Management, leadership and go-to-market (GTM) teams to define Opal’s positioning, customer segments and differentiators.
- Drive awareness and adoption of new and existing product capabilities.
- Create content to support marketing campaigns, website pages, and in-product experiences for Opal users
Identification and Customer Engagement
- Develop and test product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market and competitive insights, and product understanding
- Create messaging and user experiences that drive engagement, product usage, and retention
- Contribute to improving Product Marketing practices around teams, process, and toolsets for Opal.
- Collaborate with Product Management in representing the business needs, outcome and success criteria of the project.
Communications and Enablement
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams on the development of product enablement training and full-funnel demand generation content.
- Work with Product Management to distill platform functionality, capabilities, and key benefits to better shape opportunities, product information, and success metrics for core audiences (internal and external).
Research and Analytics
- Collect and leverage market research, competitive analysis, internal and external data, and customer insights to develop informed opinions on product packaging, pricing, and demand, and advocate internally to achieve business outcomes.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, product marketing, or product management
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in technology, SaaS or platform companies preferably in martech
- Demonstrated experience achieving customer or industry growth for SaaS software products
- Ability to manage priorities and staying organized throughout with detailed execution
- Experience talking with users, and a knack for understanding what makes them tick
- Exceptional writing skills and prior experience in producing written content
- Excellent analytical skills with a “test and learn” mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Experience with a hybrid SaaS + Enterprise Software product model
- Experience in marketing software, B2B, or ‘marketing to marketers’
- Experience targeting multiple customer segments
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.