We are looking for an exceptional Finance Director to oversee all financial aspects of the business and drive Opal’s financial strategy and planning. You will be responsible for supervising accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, implementing fund-raising strategies, engaging with investors, developing financial strategy, conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax compliance.
As the Finance Director, you should be able to coordinate financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with investors.
The goal is to guide Opal through our current and future strategic vision to grow and be the marketing calendar in the industry.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Drive Opal’s financial planning by analyzing its performance and risks
- Retain constant awareness of Opal’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set goals for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- 5+ years of experience as a Finance Director or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Experience with a large ERP system such as NetSuite
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth and professional environment.
- 1-3 years experience working in Accounting/Finance at a SaaS company
- Knowledge of global Accounting/Finance principles is a plus
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or another related field
- CPA preferred, but not required
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.