Manufacturing, operations, engineering or related field: 5 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
LEAN: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
About ESS, our team, and what we are looking for:
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering, and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
The responsibilities include full leadership and management accountability for a key Value Stream in the manufacturing facility. Assembling, integrating, testing, and delivering the most state of the art energy storage components and systems. The Manufacturing Value Stream Manager will be responsible for setting the standard and driving strategic operational excellence throughout the organization.
· Bachelors degree in mechanical, Industrial, electrical, chemical or similar engineering discipline or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
· Demonstrated track record of progressive performance in a management role with direct and indirect teams.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, persistence, and ability to think on your feet to continuously drive a team toward company goals.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing, operations, engineering or a related field.
· Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts
· Experience introducing complex new products to production/NPI processes a significant plus
· Strong analytical and reporting skills: KPI, RCCA, etc
· High computer literacy and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
· Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that require cooperation of cross functional teams
Primary Responsibilities & Core Duties
· Ownership of overall production plan – safety, cost, schedule, personnel, priorities, execution, problem resolution, and attainment of business goals.
· Area layout and flow management
· Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
· Workforce planning, forecasting, hiring, training, and performance.
· Maintain at all time acceptable housekeeping standards to keep production work areas clean
· Other duties as assigned
· Metrics and performance driven
· EVMS certification
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/ manufacturing environment
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
What ESS Offers
· Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and competitive PTO accrual;
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policies and procedures in place
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Wilsonville, OR 97070 (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Manufacturing, operations, engineering or related field: 5 years (Required)
- LEAN: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location