production planning/control: 2 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering, and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
The Production Control Specialist will execute functions for the value stream and will facilitate the flow of information and materials among and between departments according to an established production schedule. Performs various production planning and control activities including releasing work orders, labor accounting, use of materials, monitoring customer orders, posting production schedules, and calculating production rates. Reviews, updates, and distributes production, shipment, and work schedules.
· Reviews standard and special production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to identify, support, and prioritize requirements for materials and staff.
· Revises production schedules to address issues such as labor or material shortages, backlogs, or design changes.
· Providing status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
· Distributes production schedules and work orders to departments.
· Closes work orders while accounting for labor, material, and cost variances.
· Reviews project documents, materials, and products to assess accuracy, completion, and compliance with standards and specifications.
· Drafts and maintains records related to production data and performance including volume produced, performance to schedule, and quality control analytics.
· Maintains daily, weekly, and monthly inventories of materials and supplies; requisitions additional supplies to fulfill work orders.
· Coordinates production and shipping activities; resolves issues and delays through collaboration with production, supply chain, and sales teams.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Basic understanding of manufacturing procedures.
· The ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and/or specifications.
· Experience using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) processes and/or software (Oracle knowledge preferred)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Experienced and effective communicator (presentation skills, written and verbal communication)
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to apply critical thinking techniques, using logic and reasoning to identify approaches to problems, and the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Two or more years of experience in production planning and/or control areas required.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Periods of sustained standing and/or walking around the production area.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policies and practices in place
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- production planning/control: 2 years (Required)
- One location