US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
ESS NPI Manager - Manufacturing
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design.
Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
You will oversee all activities necessary to manage R&D concepts through development, validation, and manufacturing readiness. You will clearly define and document design trade-offs; identify multi-functional design dependencies and risks; and engage cross-functional partners for product definition decisions. You will enable and shepherd overall development effort by streamlining processes, managing through constraints with key owners and stakeholders, facilitating communications and collaboration across engineering, sales, quality, and operations organizations, and providing crystal clear visibility to upper leadership and executive staff.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering and manufacturing experts to ensure a robust transition from R&D Concepts to Operational Manufacturing.
- Ensure all products, processes, and outputs of NPI are fully scalable.
- Run weekly NPRs (New Product Reviews)
- Manage the NPI Development Cycle from R&D to qualified production
- Execute to program timelines and budgets
- Be responsible for project costs and budgets
- Drive and promote an environment of continuous improvement through creative problem solving and judicious application of technology
- Drive compliance, certifications, & internationalization readiness
- Ensure that all required rigor is accomplished to execute on-time development of new products and processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated track record managing successful NPI programs
- A results-oriented and dedicated personality with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- A deep understanding of the development cycle as a process and a discipline – ability to drive first principles and maintain focus on goals in the midst of constant change, learning, and new analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- BS/MS Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent leadership, data presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and broadly to comprehend, communicate, and drive complex design trade-offs.
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity, stress, and rapid change.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
The Oregon Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an EEO Employer. Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policies and procedures in place
- Bachelor's (Required)
- NPI and Program Mgt.: 5 years (Preferred)