US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
About ESS, our team, and what we are looking for:
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering, and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
ESS is looking for a motivated and versatile Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our team. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be engaged in a wide spectrum of activities including completing process transfer, work instructions, and business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to do hands-on troubleshooting, assembly and engineering validation work required.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvements, equipment validation, and data analysis methods required
- Demonstrated experience improving processes using Statistical process control, 6 sigma methods, DOE, KPI’s and advanced analytical methods is required.
- Demonstrated experience participating in or managing concurrent technical projects
- Self-starter who is also highly productive when not supervised to meet the agreed objectives
- Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
- Preference for candidates with design experience using solid modelling systems.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to read and interpret technical/assembly drawings
- Preference for candidates with NPI or process transfer experience.
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrates persistence, good judgment, strong decision making, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills, and overcoming obstacles.
- Uses good time management
- Proficient using a PC in a Windows environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
Primary Responsibilities & Core Duties
- Conduct detailed troubleshooting and analysis of issues that affect reliability, performance, cost etc. on production floor.
- Provide input or participate in new product introduction projects.
- Build Bill of Materials in ERP software and confirm details from engineering design BOM.
- Coordinate change order processes for floor staff to communicate latest BOM updates.
- Capture redlines and submit change request for design updates.
- Perform hands-on assembly, testing and training of personnel as required during project work (i.e., assembly, test, or measurement, troubleshooting)
- Facilitates and may lead cross-functional improvement and other Operations projects
- Characterize and improve process and product performance
- Provide technical support to the factory, to ensure that ESS is capable of shipping quality products on-time to its customers
- Develop and maintain technical product and process documentation through ECO process
- Use statistical analysis, 7-Step Problem Solving or other established methods to complete projects
- Provide supply chain support including vendor qualification and quality issue resolution
- Support Field Service with product escalations, as necessary. May require some on-site support at customers
- Adhere to safety, environmental, Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory standards
- Maintain at all time acceptable housekeeping standards to keep production work areas clean
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
- Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
- Demonstrated experience building/supporting complex mechanical assemblies
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Experience with both manual and automated manufacturing processes desired
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to apply critical thinking
- Quality system awareness
- Knowledge of ISO a plus
- Experience with the properties of common plastics used in manufacturing.
- University degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or other Engineering field, or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Preference for experience in large capital equipment manufacturing or medium volume repetitive assembly techniques
- Typically, 3-8 years of technical experience in a complex product manufacturing environment in service, development, or manufacturing
- Intermediate to advanced shop math. Knowledge of English/Metric system measurement.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/ manufacturing environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and competitive PTO accrual.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID-19 policy in place.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)