manufacturing or operations: 3 years (Required)
Demonstrated LEAN project success: 2 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
About the ESS Team and You
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
We are a multi-disciplinary team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies.
We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required
In the role of Manufacturing Optimization Engineer, you will support the manufacturing and assembly of cutting edge technology flow batteries. In this position you will be responsible for mapping, analyzing, and optimizing the overall process flow. This will include working closely with supply chain to identify opportunities for outsource of non-core competency processes You will work with a cross functional team involving operations, design, and supply chain to achieve improvements to efficiency and cost of producing world class products to our customers.
- Maintain, support, and improve the manufacturing processes for the site’s top revenue generating product with a focus on cost, cycle, and vend out opportunities as you value stream map the process.
- Complete ownership of system integration processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Identify, process map, analyze, and execute impact projects using LEAN or Six Sigma tools that result in significant process improvements.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
- Collaborate with the design engineering and supply chain teams to partner in success for process improvement, outside vendor standup and qualification, and product manufacturability improvement.
- Subject matter expert on entire integration process - documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering design flow down and approval, BOM and other technical data, etc.
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a minimum 5 years of experience in similar role).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Experience within fuel cell, power storage, or automotive industry preferred.
- Track record of demonstrated cost and cycle reduction, LEAN project success, and similar as an independent, self-guided engineer that excels at driving projects with stakeholders to closure and success.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to influence and drive change.
- Knowledge of fluid transfer systems, electronic systems, production methods and processes.
- Startup or restructure experience and track record of being successful in an early development stage environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, document clearly, and report effectively.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications; GD&T experience.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
· Legally authorized to work in the USA - U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
· Able to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
· Able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package:
Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Pay dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policy in place.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- manufacturing or operations: 3 years (Required)
- Demonstrated LEAN project success: 2 years (Required)