US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
1.0 About ESS, our team, and what we are looking for:
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering, and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
2.0 Position Profile:
ESS is looking for a motivated and versatile Engineering Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Engineering Maintenance Technician will be engaged in a wide spectrum of activities including implementation of preventative maintenance and line and fixturing support.
3.0 Primary Responsibilities
- Carries out maintenance activities through planning and communication with supervisors to ensure the total maintenance objectives are accomplished.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and or repair production equipment to an efficient and safe operating condition with uptime of 98%.
- Ensures adequate, cost-effective inventories of supplies, spare parts, maintenance materials and repair parts for process line equipment.
- Builds jigs and fixtures for process line support or improvement.
- Supports changeovers of equipment or preventative maintenance according to production schedules.
- Operates test equipment, instruments and automated test documentation.
- Can work in a team or individually
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety and productivity in the maintenance area.
- Can read and interpret assembly drawings. Ability to create drawing packages in solid molding software a plus.
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstrates persistence, good judgment, strong decision making, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills, and overcoming obstacles.
- Uses good time management
- Proficient using a PC in a Windows environment with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
5.0 Additional Requirements & Qualifications
- Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.
- Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Must be willing to submit to a Background Check and a Drug Test according to the BOLI rules and Regulations.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
- Maintenance or Mechanical Technician (2 years)
- Demonstrated experience building, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Demonstrated ability with hand tools, power tools and basic fabrication techniques.
- Experience with both manual and automated manufacturing processes desired
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to apply critical thinking
- Quality system awareness
- AA degree, military technical training or equivalent experience.
- Typically, 2-5 years of technical experience in a complex product manufacturing environment in maintenance, troubleshooting or line support
- Military background preferred
- Intermediate to advanced shop math. Knowledge of English/Metric system measurement.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/ manufacturing environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full -time
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
6.0 Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health & Welfare package, 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policy and procedures in place.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Wilsonville, OR 97070 (Required)
- Mechanical Technician: 2 years (Required)
- One location