US work authorization (Required)
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Document Management: 5 years (Preferred)
ERP: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Document Control Specialist
Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, clean technology start-up located in Wilsonville, Oregon. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy storage system that combines an environmentally safe and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. We are recognized as an emerging leader in the long-duration energy grid scale storage markets.
We are a multi-disciplinary team boasting decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. As we commercialize our global product platform, we are looking for additional expertise in electrical and power engineering for grid-tied and microgrid storage applications. This is an opportunity to make your mark on the edge of the next generation electrical grid architecture.
If you are motivated, hard-working, have a passion for sustainability and the environment, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting we would like to hear from you.
The Document Control Specialist is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of all document control functions, activities and regulatory compliance as defined in the company Standard Operating Procedures. In this position, you will:
- Manage and maintain document control activities per SOP and regulatory compliance guidelines
- Develop and/or update workflows, policies, and procedures to govern archival and record retention processes
- Ensure all approved documents are maintained throughout the document lifecycle
- Manage all controlled records both hard copy and electronic
- Maintain record retention library and secure access
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to staff to ensure adherence to company quality standards
- Develop training material and deliver training on importance of document control
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree
- 5 years’ experience within a corporate Document Control role. Preferably as function manager.
- 5 years’ experience working with a CAD document vault software platform
- 5 years’ experience working with a corporate ERP software platform
- 2 years’ experience in a technology development environment
- An organized, analytical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Highly motivated self-starter who needs minimal direction and works well with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Able to work independently and proactively. Have good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team responsible for product development.
- Legally authorized to work in the USA - U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency.
ESS offers a competitive benefits package including company assisted Health insurance, Medical, Dental and Vision; 8 paid holidays; 401K, and a competitive PTO accrual.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
The Oregon Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an EEO Employer. Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Pay dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policies and procedures in place
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Document Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- ERP: 5 years (Preferred)