To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Product Support Technical Specialist reporting to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Transformation within our Customer Success Organization to join our team and assist us in building a world-class customer service and support team. This role requires working directly with both external customers and internal teams.
Day to day operations involve troubleshooting not only the CrowdStreet products, but also external solutions integrated into the CrowdStreet technology stack. Resolving support cases will involve using your deep product knowledge, SQL skills, technical experience and troubleshooting ability to research data and product issues, conduct root cause analysis, provide product training, configure the CrowdStreet solution, execute SQL scripts and write knowledge base articles. You will use your customer service skills to provide training and support to our external customers. You will use Jira to escalate defects and submit product enhancement suggestions that will improve product usability, reduce support ticket volume and enhance customer satisfaction. You will use your analytical skills to generate support performance metrics and track SLA results.
What You'll Be Doing
- Delight our customers (real estate sponsors and investors) and external technology partners with an excellent, timely and positive experience by providing top rated support and training.
- Execute on processes and procedures to meet SLAs and Support KPIs.
- Execute on processes and procedures to resolve, triage, investigate or escalate, inbound customer care incidents on the CrowdStreet platform and from third party services integrated into the platform including: DocuSign, VerifyInvestor, SendGrid, Celery, Sentry, and AWS.
- Use your exceptional communication and technical skills to set appropriate expectations on timing and path to issue resolution for all customers.
- Serve as product expert on CrowdStreet Marketplace and Investor/Sponsor investment transactions workflow to guide customers through all stages of the active investments.
- Work with customers to help create or edit offerings (projects) and assist with data imports/exports as needed
- Partner with the Product team to identify and escalate high and critical defects for expedited resolution.
- Identify product defects, document issues in Jira and partner with Engineering and Quality Assurance teams to identify root causes and workarounds.
- Utilize Hubspot environment to provide the ideal customer experience and as a tool to communicate and manage issues to resolution.
- Execute on processes and procedures to capture feedback from customer forums and all other inquiries from the CrowdStreet Platform.
- Participate in our proactive and continuous customer education program (identify/design/develop instructor-led, online learning programs) through usage of existing content and collateral library.
- Partner within the Customer Success Organization to host monthly webinars, group based, and 1-1 trainings.
What We Must Have
- 3+ years of SaaS application product support experience
- Possess customer-centric attitude to listen with empathy and the ability to explain both technical and non-technical issues.
- Technical skills necessary to conduct root cause analysis, including relational database understanding, good SQL experience and a problem solving mindset
- Experience using SQL to identify root causes of data related issues, and write/execute scripts to resolve data problems
- Experience triaging and working support cases using a ticketing tool such as Hubspot or ZenDesk
- Ability to quickly master a complex B2B SaaS application
- Experience training customers to learn and effectively use a SaaS and/or Marketplace business application
- Ability to identify usability and functional enhancements that can increase customer satisfaction and/or reduce support call volume
- Experience working with a Product Development and Product Management teams to prioritize, resolve and validate defects related to customer care/support cases
What is Nice to Have
- Experience as a product trainer tasked with teaching customers to use a SaaS product
- Experience administering Husbpot, such as configuring the Help Center, creating alerts/triggers/automation rules, tracking performance vs. SLAs, etc.
- Experience installing SSL certificates and managing AWS S3 buckets
- Technical writing experience
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.