CrowdStreet has established itself as a leading online marketplace for institutional-quality CRE investment. Our primary customer is the accredited investor who joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to help individual investors to diversify their investment portfolios and build wealth through real estate.
As a result of and to support our continued rapid growth, we are hiring a candidate to serve as President, CrowdStreet Capital LLC and Chief Compliance Officer. This role will engage in activities to help position the company for long term strategic growth and success. CrowdStreet Capital LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CrowdStreet, Inc.
What You'll Be Doing
This role includes the following activities:
- Recruiting qualified registered representative personnel
- Development of strategic compensation plan, strategy for senior management, registered representatives, and highly qualified recruits to the company.
- Provide strategic input on decision making issues affecting the company.
- Manage the operations and business activities of the organization in accordance with the direction established by the strategic plans; and
- Solicit advice and guidance, when appropriate, from the Board of Directors.
General Supervision Program
The President, CrowdStreet Capital LLC and Chief Compliance Officer will address the general compliance and supervisory infrastructure of CrowdStreet Capital, LLC including general policies and procedures, training programs, monitoring and surveillance programs and supervision routines, and create, update, and restate the procedures and policies, as necessary. This will include, but not limited to:
- Identify key business objectives and milestones, ensuring appropriate supervisory controls, policies and procedures are in place/implemented
- Implement surveillance and monitoring protocols
- Document relevant operational process and workflows
- Formulate periodic schedules for key deliverables focused on execution
- Assign supervisory tasks and responsibilities to principals
- Provide compliance training for management and execution staff
- Content reviews of advertising and sales material
- Electronic Communication Reviews
- Overseeing, in coordination with counsel, response to examinations, inquiries and investigations by governmental and self-regulatory organizations, customer complaints, and litigations
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- Series 24 - General Securities Principal Certification
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in regulated entities such as leading broker-dealer, investment advisor, and compliance programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels across the company as well as external partners.
- Proven experience in developing new, compliant investment products
What is Nice to Have
- Experience in commercial real estate
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred
- Prior experience in any of the following roles is desired: Real Estate Analyst, Acquisitions Officer, Investment Manager, Business Development
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.