Over the past seven years CrowdStreet has established itself as the leading online marketplace for institutional-quality commercial real estate investment. Our primary customer is the accredited investor who joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest in private real estate offerings. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
Since launching its marketplace in 2014 CrowdStreet has enabled investors to select and directly invest into specific commercial real estate offerings on the marketplace. Then in early 2019 CrowdStreet launched its own branded investment products and services which consisted of configured blended portfolios, strategic funds, and separately managed accounts to make it easier for investors (clients) to participate in the offerings. We also launched our own Registered Investment Advisor (CrowdStreet Advisors) under which these products and services reside. Part of the next phase in our journey is to significantly grow the type of investment products and services we will offer to existing and new investors joining CrowdStreet.
We’re hiring a VP of Investment Products and Services to lead in the strategy and development of new investment products, management of the existing clients and their portfolio of funds and privately managed accounts, and the current team of product/portfolio managers, advisory sales and services, client relations, and portfolio operations.
If you are passionate about developing and launching new investment products and services for investors in a highly entrepreneurial environment, and understand how the power of technology can accelerate positive change, then join a fintech company that is on the forefront of reinventing real estate investing to deliver better financial outcomes for individuals.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a newly created leadership role for CrowdStreet and you will be ….
- Evaluating the performance and management of our current investment products and services and operational procedures to enhance and expand the platform for our existing clients.
- Responsible for leading and managing existing team members who traditionally have been distributed across different organizations and will now become part of this group. This includes: product and portfolio management, advisory sales and services, fund client management, and portfolio analysis and operations.
- Leading the development (from strategy to formation) of new investment products that are tailored to CrowdStreet’s existing and future clients.
- Oversee the launch, optimization and ongoing success of the new CrowdStreet Investments products and services, including the client management and portfolio operations functions.
- Developing business strategies and financial plans for this business unit with clear growth objectives and ownership of the P&L.
- Work cross functionally with CrowdStreet Marketing, Legal/Compliance, and Investments, when determining the ideal solutions and launching new solutions for clients.
- Work with Product & Engineering teams to scope which platform enhancements are necessary or desired to further enhance our client experience and use of the application is compliant with existing and future regulations..
- Work with CrowdStreet Marketing to establish a digital presence within the prospective clients for both investment funds and separately managed accounts, including development and distribution of thought leadership content as well as marketing materials specific to the CrowdStreet investment products and services.
- Provide feedback and regular reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors that will accelerate the overall growth of the business.
What We Must Have
- 10+ years in launching and managing private funds and managed services for individual investors.
- 3+ years in the financial services, wealth management or commercial real estate industries. Prior financial technology - “Fintech” company experience is highly desirable.
- Proven experience interfacing directly with high net worth clients and sharing value propositions of investment opportunities.
- Expert knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory and the role that illiquid real assets can play in the composition of a high-performing, diversified portfolio.
- A critical thinker and problem solver capable of structuring complex business models and strategies.
- Technology savvy executive with hands-on experience with modern technology platforms, both internally and externally.
- Advanced working knowledge of data analytics and the application of data strategies in the wealth management industry, i.e. advancements in robo-advisor tech.
- Proven track record of selling and marketing financial products direct to investors
- Experience with building and managing a team of licensed sales people to distribute funds and separately managed accounts to investors...and a newfound conviction that digitally focused investing models are the wave of the future with the ability to implement that strategy at CrowdStreet.
- Understanding of the legal, regulatory and compliance requirements necessary to succeed in this arena.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or HubSpot CRM for pipeline management and reporting.
- Series 65, or Series 7 and Series 66
Nice to Have
- Specific investments and fund management in the commercial real estate domain.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.