The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Senior Business Development Manager
Is your core purpose centered around systems change and impact for shifting the linear apparel industry to one that is circular? Does bringing processes and procedures for an efficient and effective business development process get you excited? Then we want you to join our team to help build a company that serves brands on their journey to becoming circular businesses. We are looking for someone who seeks to take the vision for serving apparel brands that our co-founders have started and elevate it into a replicable and scalable process.
This role will focus on building and formalizing the tools for the business development cycle, progressing brands from interested through the proposal and circular mapping steps to ultimately closing the deal to bring brands on as TRW partners. The ideal candidate will be sales driven with a strong understanding of internal decision-making processes at brands. They should be collaborative and empathetic while still driving forward a business development cycle to close. Strong expertise in negotiations, communications and being independent while representing the organization.
Typical duties include:
Pipeline Management Brand Partner growth
- Improving the tools and presentations that will drive the business development cycle faster
- Communicating with various stakeholders inside brands during the biz dev cycle to sell The Renewal Workshop and its services as the best partner choice for the brand
- Managing all brands in the business development cycle, leads, circular mapping, onboarding , etc. in a system that tracks the status of every conversation and identifies clear follow up
- Prioritizing which brands to focus on based on alignment of services and TRW’s company strategy
- Monitoring customer, market and competitor activity and providing feedback to company
- Able to travel 20% of the time to meet with brands in person to ensure the sales cycle is effective. Depending on the restrictions of COVID.
- Finalizing and closing partnership agreements with new partners and renewal for existing partners
- Managing contract negotiations with new brand partners in coordination with the Partner Account Coordinator roles
- Reviewing all contracts and making them consistent for TRW's services and partnerships
Product Offering Management
- Develop the business case for evolving existing or creating new TRW product offerings based on brand and market demand and aligned with company strategy.
- Manage and evolve the TRW pricing strategy based on company and brand needs while accounting for market and competitive forces.
Business Development Marketing
- Working with the Co-Founder and Marketing role to create business development tools for conferences, emails and events
- Promoting TRW’s leadership role as a solution for brand partners’ current business needs
- Supporting research for Annual Leading Circular Report, Circular White Paper series and other content marketing projects
- Identifying and vetting potential conference speaking and other networking opportunities to support business development efforts
- Managing the economic modeling of our brand partners to help them sell a Renewal partnership inside their company
- Partnering with finance role to ensure that TRW has the best understanding of our unit economics for bringing a brand on board
- Forecasting opportunities for new business based on new financial models
Current Partner Growth Support
- Supporting the Partner Account roles, and consumer marketing roles with the scaling of existing brand partners. Sharing tools developed for business development with current partners
- Scaling business growth with additional circular services – Circle Back, Reporting, Workshops, Textile R&D etc
Level: 6-8 years experience in business development and sales operations. There is an expectation the candidate has focused on in-person business development, negotiation, contract development and has managed and moved clients through a sales funnel. This candidate will also have strong sales operational experience. This candidate must have experience with apparel brands.
Rate: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Remote (Preference given to EU or UK based candidates. Will consider right candidate on US East Coast. This candidate must be able to hold meetings and calls with EU-based brands during CET working hours)
Position Type: Full time
Job Category: Business Development
Perks: TBD based on location of candidate
Education & Experience
- Direct experience with formal business development process
- Apparel or textile industry business development experience
- International experience in sales a bonus
- Financial modeling, ability to build the business case for programs
- Development and execution of sales tools
- Contract negotiations, writing of contracts
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Organized, process flow oriented
- Loves the sales process, closing focused
- Heart centered sales, with the intention of service
- Likes doing the work as well as strategic thinking
- Comfortable with negotiations and difficult conversations
- A good communicator (verbal and written)
- Fluency in English
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.