Thanks for considering Edify! Edify is the frictionless way to onboard software engineers. Our software allows managers to create customized onboarding plans in record time. Those onboarding plans help new hires ramp up quickly, get comfortable in their new roles, and feel confident on Day 1. Edify's big vision is to be the operating system for high-performing engineering teams. If you believe in a future where all software engineers, from junior to senior, are welcomed and allowed to be their best, we want you at Edify!
Edify is thrilled to be a part of Techstars Seattle 2021 class! We recently closed our seed round.
About the Role
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with Product, Sales, and Marketing at Edify to nurture our earliest customers: code school and recent college graduates who are working towards their first software engineering roles. You'll help to advocate for their needs, support them in their career growth, and produce useful content for them as they use eddy to design their own onboarding plan and get their first engineering job. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for customer support and content development. Ultimately, you will help developers and engineering managers achieve their goals via Edify's mission: to remove friction from every aspect of an engineering team's daily life, enabling them to build the best products in the world.
You might be the right fit for this role if you...
- ...love learning, asking questions, and trying new things
- ...get excited about supporting engineers and engineering managers
- ...are motivated by creating products to help your fellow engineers do their best work
- ...know how to cope with and work through the VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, chaos, and ambiguity) of being part of an early-stage start-up
- ...want the opportunity to shape business strategy
- ...respect yourself and your teammates by setting and upholding boundaries to sustain yourself and your wellness
What you'll do
- Launch, nurture, and manage Edify's online junior developer community to support early-stage engineers in their careers
- Drive community membership and active engagement through outreach and connection to US-based code schools and computer science degree programs
- Represent Edify online through written content and engagement on developer-centered forums and blogs to support new engineers and engineering managers, teaching and inspiring them to apply engineering onboarding and knowledge flow best practices
- Manage, solicit, and analyze feedback from Edify's customer advisory board and technical voice group
- Build and deliver creative new conference talks, make screencasts, make compelling tutorial videos, and produce regular pieces for the Edify blog along with guest posts for marketing partners
- Quickly and seamlessly onboard new Edify customers and support them through any issues they may experience, working closely with Product and Engineering to resolve support problems
- You may have been a developer, professional services engineer, technical support engineer, or program manager in the past and are able to port your skills to this new role OR you have a history of working with and communicating with engineers
- Experience in or comfort with technical writing, potentially for non-engineering audiences
- Familiarity with engineering teams, technical content, or technical program management
- You're a confident speaker and are comfortable reaching out and talking to new people, online and in-person (digitally for now!)
- You might have experience managing or supporting an online community
- You have 2-5 years of experience in this field or a related field
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state, and local standards
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a full-time, salaried position with compensation based on experience
- Benefits include:
- Stipend for healthcare
- Stipend for home internet since you'll be working from home (we're a fully remote company!)
- Edify is committed to growing an equitable, inclusive company, so we make sure that:
- You're able to take the leave you need to. We have an untracked PTO policy, and most people take a day off a month plus 4 weeks/year or so. We acknowledge major holidays, your birthday, and more - plus we close for the last week of the year!
- We respect your mental and physical health and only ask that you give us a heads up about what you need.
- We want you to be engaged in your community, so we encourage space and time for volunteering, user groups, and more!
- Our team building activities will be welcoming, compassionate, and inclusive
- No one apologizes for family - kids, parents, pets - anyone! Edify welcomes kiddos on video calls, we understand care needs, and we want you to feel safe and able to work the way you need to work.
- We want to learn from you, so we welcome constructive critique!
- We want you to grow with us, so we will work with you to do our best to match your career goals to Edify's trajectory.
- Your voice should be heard, so we'll always make space for you, from setting OKR's to contributing to our marketing plan.
Thank you for considering this role with Edify! We're honored that you believe in our vision and that you want to pursue this process with us. We look forward to talking with you!
Be sure to learn about Working with Edify before applying.
Please complete your application here.
*Currently we can only accept applicants who are authorized to work in the US.