Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
We are a multi-disciplinary team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies.
We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required
In this technical position, you will:
· Support the development of advance energy storage products by providing expert knowledge of AC power, 3 phase power, power conversion, DC circuits, motors, power technology, and industrial control systems.
· Take responsibility for the design, modeling, specification, and testing of low to medium voltage industrial electrical power systems and equipment.
· Apply standard engineering knowledge, techniques, and formulae to create and interpret designs, calculations, drawings, sketches, and documents of complex all iron redox flow battery systems.
· Prepare electrical designs and cost estimates covering new, repair, maintenance, and improvement of electric, electronic, and electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
· Perform technical review of designs and documents. Perform system checkout, operational tests and determine adjustments to newly installed or modified equipment and controls.
Education and Experience
· BS Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
· At least 5 years of experience with industrial scale power systems
· At least 3 years of experience in new product introduction and/or technology commercialization.
· At least 3 years of experience leading or contributing to technical projects.
· Prefer experience within the energy storage, generation or distribution markets.
· Prefer experience within a technology start-up organization.
Desired Skills & Knowledge
· Knowledgeable in embedded system design including schematic development, component selection, circuit design and testing.
· Understanding of grid-tied and microgrid power engineering theory and practice.
· Working knowledge of international codes and standards related to power system design.
· Proficient in electrical design CAD packages.
· Experience with inverters, transformers, electrical panels, and other power distribution equipment.
· Experience with taking medium scale projects through the NRTL field certification process.
· Experience with battery or fuel cell systems.
· Strong mathematical background and proficient in statistical analysis.
· Ability to use oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
· Understanding of project schedule and budget development and maintenance.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
- Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
· Highly motivated self-starter who needs minimal direction and works well with multi-disciplinary teams.
· Able to work independently and proactively. Have good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a small, dynamic team responsible for product development.
· Legally authorized to work in the USA - U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
· Able to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
· Able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package:
Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Pay dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policy in place.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- NPI: 3 years (Preferred)
- technical project work: 3 years (Preferred)
- industrial scale power systems: 3 years (Preferred)