Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
We are a multi-disciplinary team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies.
We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required
In the role of Lead Manufacturing Engineer, you will support the manufacturing and assembly of electrical power panels, PLC’s, and complex electronic sub-assemblies critical to the operation of a flow battery power storage unit. In this position you will be responsible for establishing manufacturing processes as well as leading continuous improvement and process yield efforts. You will work with a cross functional team to resolve day-to-day manufacturing problems, troubleshoot and resolve process and product issues through immediate or short-term planning.
- Maintain, support and improve the manufacturing processes for the site’s top revenue generating product with a focus on improving production yield.
- Troubleshoot product failures to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Drive and lead impact projects using LEAN or Six Sigma tools that result in significant process improvements.
- Lead cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
- Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance.
- Collaborate with the design engineering and supply chain to improve product manufacturability.
- Ensure documentation for manufacturing processes, engineering designs and technical data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
- Ensure manufacturing tooling, fixtures and processes are ESD and EHS compliant per site policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a Mechanical Engineering degree with minimum 5 years of experience in electronics manufacturing).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing or operations.
- Ability to interface with electrical technicians in board, panel, and wire builds as well as design reviews.
- Experience with BOM design, Oracle workflows, implementation and iterative improvement and validation of a young product design.
- Experience in a startup or business re-structure environment with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, focus, and execute with minimal oversight toward goals of the business.
- Knowledge of aerospace electronic systems, production methods and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications; GD&T experience.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Lean Six Sigma or equivalent training/experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
· Legally authorized to work in the USA - U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
· Able to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
· Able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package:
Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Pay dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policy in place.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- manufacturing or operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- BOM, Oracle, and/or Validation: 2 years (Preferred)