Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
ESS is looking for a motivated, hard-working Facilities Supervisor/Manager to join our team.
The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds and associated equipment. Responsible for Inspecting, maintaining/assuring all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems in the building are always in optimal operating conditions. Schedules and ensures completion of preventative maintenance. The Facilities Supervisor will direct and manage all services for the facility and the maintenance of all production machinery/equipment, physical plant, utilities, and grounds in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policies. The ideal candidate is someone who adaptable and understands the culture, the rigor, and the challenges of a start-up environment.
- Coordinates overall maintenance activities through planning and communication with supervisors to ensure the total maintenance objectives are accomplished.
- Develops and implements a cost-effective preventative maintenance program to maintain production equipment in an efficient, safe operating condition.
- Directs the activities of the facilities team to support the facility and production needs.
- Coordinates with outside vendors on projects, repairs or maintenance.
- Ensures adequate, cost-effective inventories of supplies, spare parts, maintenance materials and repair parts.
- Directs changeovers of equipment or preventative maintenance according to production schedules.
- Build and adhere to capital equipment budget, execute and manager equipment installation and relocations.
- Ensures compliance to all federal, state and local laws and company policies.
- Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, processing, packaging, quality assurance, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety and productivity in the maintenance area.
- Participate in accident investigations to explore and implement corrective actions to solve root causes as well as all Federal, State, and local regulatory inspections.
- Participate, chair, and support all Safety Committees while monitoring all manufacturing groups and advise as necessary throughout the plant.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related area along with through knowledge of functional area and department processes.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and machine shop functions to support all maintenance activities of the group.
- Project Management skills and experience preferred.
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Working knowledge of waste-water control systems, City and Oregon State reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Proficient in basic computer applications and software such as MS Office, E-Mail etc.
The above referenced position summary is a guideline designed to present an overview of the job duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the responsibilities and requirements.
Additional Requirements & Qualifications
- Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
- Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
What ESS Offers
Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Pay (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
ESS has a COVID policy in place
- Facilities: 3 years (Preferred)
- project managment: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)